No announcement yet.

Steam.. W T F

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
    I have an eternal grudge against it honestly. No computer I had for 8 years could run it (the earlier versions being especially buggy), and when Counterstrike became a Valve exclusive, that meant I couldn't play the game for 8 years. No joke.
    Well, you have Counter Strike Global Offensive for 360 and PS3 (PC/Mac too, but on Steam) coming out on August 21st. Now you don't have to hate Valve as much.

If Valve's still a problem, you can look forward to Counter Strike Online 2. It's Free-to-Play (microtransactions), however, which is a bummer.

Comment

I was a gamer before steam, and I saved a boatload of money on steam sales. I think it's great. Lots of perks.

Comment

Have had it since HL2, but what I do is buy cd keys for cheap then DL them on steam servers which i have got up to 3.5mb/s. But go to my local Jb hi-fi or cheap disc deals.

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
          What's wrong with Steam? I must have saved hundreds on the sales.
          I agree.....last game I bought was GTAIV for like 5 bucks with all the expansions.

Comment

Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
            Well, you have Counter Strike Global Offensive for 360 and PS3 (PC/Mac too, but on Steam) coming out on August 21st. Now you don't have to hate Valve as much.

If Valve's still a problem, you can look forward to Counter Strike Online 2. It's Free-to-Play (microtransactions), however, which is a bummer.
            I never played or enjoyed Source, which screwed up most of the core gameplay. I'm only talking about the original game, currently 1.6, which is the gold standard for true FPS skills (although 1.5 was better). I'm not a fan of the franchise, I'm a fan of the specific game, so I have little interest in any further releases.

Comment

Steam is my PC gaming god, this summer sale I bought i think 6 games that came out to 60 bucks, all great games too, the witcher 2 was friggen 15$, don't know how they get away with that.

Comment

I had just registered on STEAM. I needed to login so I can play DOTA 2.

Don't know what else is on there besides DOTA 2.

Comment

Working...
                X