Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Dubois-Joyce, Yarde, Williams, Catterall, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Dubois-Joyce, Yarde, Williams, Catterall, More

A FEW DAYS late but we are still at that juncture where it is timely to reveal a few New Year's resolutions or a wish list. I've seen a number of people keeping it topical and piping up with their 20/20 vision, so here is mine and let's see how much of it we can make come true over the course of the next 12 months.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If they get dubois v joyce signed they should podcast the press conference to all the insomniacs out there, big joe speaks even more robotic than he fights and big daniel doesnt bring much to the banter party either.

Comment

Joyce vs Dubois could work well for the Summer with British, Commonwealth & European title's on the line if DDD get's an EBU ranking & Joe can pick up the vacant title against a rated opponent. As for Jack Cattrall maybe he should concentrate on European champion Sandor Martin, as it's plainly apparent that he's not getting a World title shot in 2020.

Comment

Eddie Hearn can learn a lot from from his UK rival Frank Warren. Instead of coming over to America like a conqueror, Hearn should have followed Warren's lead and came over like a partner. I can envision in 2020 the likes of Joe Joyce, Daniel Dubois and Anthony Yarde fighting on American platforms. Warren has shown that he can work with Al and Bob to make fights. This doesn't bode well for the fog horned con-man Eddie Hearn. Looks like Al, Bob and Warren are forming some type of trifecta quasi promotional relationship that's going to squeeze Eddie out. Warren's stable can come over and fight on ESPN, Fox and Showtime while Al and Bob's fighters can go across the pond and fight on BT Sports. This will essentially create the only 'side of the street' that matters because DAZN's fighters will soon be flocking over en masse to join this boxing revolution. Eddie only has one fighter (AJ) that really matters in the grand scheme of things. GBP will probably see the writing on the wall and get Canelo back on PPV. Man if this happens then I predict sometime in 2020 DAZN will be, DA-GONE! That's funny, it looks like Eddie had a great idea that was stolen and perfected by Frank Warren. HAHA

Comment

Franks had Fury effectively lifted off him by Arum and his second cash cow Saunders jumped the ship to Matchroom soon after. I suspect any Joshua vs Fury fight would be negotiated by Arum and MTK with Hearn they may not even invite Warren.
          He seems a very junior partner if that and I suspect if you check you'll find Hearn actually does more deals with PBC and Top rank guys.
          Oh and BT Sports is still very must a small pretender to Sky Sports.
          I hope Warren turns it around and BT Sports boxing gets better, competition is good but your argument is silly.

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post
          Eddie Hearn can learn a lot from from his UK rival Frank Warren. Instead of coming over to America like a conqueror, Hearn should have followed Warren's lead and came over like a partner. I can envision in 2020 the likes of Joe Joyce, Daniel Dubois and Anthony Yarde fighting on American platforms. Warren has shown that he can work with Al and Bob to make fights. This doesn't bode well for the fog horned con-man Eddie Hearn. Looks like Al, Bob and Warren are forming some type of trifecta quasi promotional relationship that's going to squeeze Eddie out. Warren's stable can come over and fight on ESPN, Fox and Showtime while Al and Bob's fighters can go across the pond and fight on BT Sports. This will essentially create the only 'side of the street' that matters because DAZN's fighters will soon be flocking over en masse to join this boxing revolution. Eddie only has one fighter (AJ) that really matters in the grand scheme of things. GBP will probably see the writing on the wall and get Canelo back on PPV. Man if this happens then I predict sometime in 2020 DAZN will be, DA-GONE! That's funny, it looks like Eddie had a great idea that was stolen and perfected by Frank Warren. HAHA

Comment

With Fury fighting Wilder in Las Vegas, it seems that Frank has missed a golden opportunity to give some of his talented prospects the chance to gain vital experience on the undercard. I'm sure the likes of Willy Hutchinson, Kody Davies, Archie Sharpe, Ryan Garner, Sunny Edwards & Harvey Horn would bite Frank's hand off for the chance & should be given the chance to fight outside of the UK from time to time, but with Frank they hardly get the chance.

Comment

If you think Frank Warren is joining forces with other promoters out of choice you are sadly mistaken mate, he is on the verge of his 6th/7th bankruptcy and has lost control over all his best fighters. He wont take any risks with any of his guys and his shows are full of mismatches and held in half empty scout halls, he was top dog in the UK for decades but the game has passed him by and he needs to step aside and let Francis have a go

Comment

Originally posted by BamBamMurphy View Post
                If you think Frank Warren is joining forces with other promoters out of choice you are sadly mistaken mate, he is on the verge of his 6th/7th bankruptcy and has lost control over all his best fighters. He wont take any risks with any of his guys and his shows are full of mismatches and held in half empty scout halls, he was top dog in the UK for decades but the game has passed him by and he needs to step aside and let Francis have a go
                Well if you're right about Warren's problems (and you UK guys would know more than us Yanks) then that's all the more reason for him to humble himself and partner up with TR and PBC. Al and Bob have plenty of fighters and could afford to send some guys over for some BT shows. I don't think Al and Eddie have a great working relationship and if the Wilder/Fury fight makes money then Al and Frank will be more amenable to working together. If Al X owns a Toyota dealership and his business is doing just fine and Eddie X owns a Honda dealership across the street that can't sell cars and is losing tons of money, do you think Al X is going to send his three best salesman (Wilder, Charlo, Tank) to help him out? Hell to the nawww!! It's no secret that Eddie knew that if AJ didn't get those belts back then it was over for British boxing on the world stage. That's where Warren should step in and try to get BT sports in position to compete with SKY. I don't know if it will work, but like they say "started from the bottom now we here"

Comment

Well if you're right about Warren's problems (and you UK guys would know more than us Yanks) then that's all the more reason for him to humble himself and partner up with TR and PBC. Al and Bob have plenty of fighters and could afford to send some guys over for some BT shows. I don't think Al and Eddie have a great working relationship and if the Wilder/Fury fight makes money then Al and Frank will be more amenable to working together. If Al X owns a Toyota dealership and his business is doing just fine and Eddie X owns a Honda dealership across the street that can't sell cars and is losing tons of money, do you think Al X is going to send his three best salesman (Wilder, Charlo, Tank) to help him out? Hell to the nawww!! It's no secret that Eddie knew that if AJ didn't get those belts back then it was over for British boxing on the world stage. That's where Warren should step in and try to get BT sports in position to compete with SKY. I don't know if it will work, but like they say "started from the bottom now we here"
                  BT Sports contract with Queensbury has been a complete failure up to now and he is under huge pressure, the free cards have been awful with the mismatches i mentioned earlier and they wont release ppv numbers either (bad sign)
                  He cant sell tickets at home so he cant afford to keep any well paid guys on his own shows, i dont usually mention Hearn but if he is selling Hondas then Warren is selling donkey rides on a condemned beach.
                  Anyone who talks him up needs to spend 5 minutes on google and get a history lesson, the man is a scumbag who owes everyone money and sues anyone in spitting distance (he caused Ricky Burns whole family to go broke)

Comment

Originally posted by BamBamMurphy View Post
                    BT Sports contract with Queensbury has been a complete failure up to now and he is under huge pressure, the free cards have been awful with the mismatches i mentioned earlier and they wont release ppv numbers either (bad sign)
                    He cant sell tickets at home so he cant afford to keep any well paid guys on his own shows, i dont usually mention Hearn but if he is selling Hondas then Warren is selling donkey rides on a condemned beach.
                    Anyone who talks him up needs to spend 5 minutes on google and get a history lesson, the man is a scumbag who owes everyone money and sues anyone in spitting distance (he caused Ricky Burns whole family to go broke)
                    HAHA! Ok you're over there and way more in the know than me. So I'll defer to you on this topic.

Comment

Working...
                    X