Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Muhammad Ali never got Parkinson's disease, boxing wouldn't be dead right now !!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Muhammad Ali never got Parkinson's disease, boxing wouldn't be dead right now !!

I felt sad when I saw Muhammad Ali yesterday. It's a pity that such a great human being that has done so much, not only for boxing, but in general is in this state right now.

When I was watching him I thought to myself how would the world of boxing be right now if Ali was still healthy. It wouldn't be dead , thats for sure. I'm not really saying that boxing is dead but it sure as hell isn't mainstream anymore. If you compare it with the past, you can clearly see the difference in media coverage.

I honoustly believe if Muhammad Ali never got ill he would never let boxing get in this state where it's now. In fact, the sport might as well even be bigger than it was in the eighties and nineties . Muhammad Ali would be living proof that 'one man can make a difference' (although he already did).

Just think about it if a healthy charismatic Ali would say that 4 belts per weight class is wrong and that it should go back to one belt. I think no boxing politics could ignore him because the public adores him so much.

What do you guys think?

Yeah, a real honest guy like Jose Suliaman is gonna go "well Muhammad Ali says he's tired of numerous belts, I suddenly see the light! I will be about making the sport better and not about money!

Bob Lee would've stopped taking bribes simply because Ali wouldn't like it.

The WBA would say "hey, let's eliminate our ordinary champs and Super champs. Let's forget about our paydays and make Muhammad Ali happy".

Comment

I think him raising awareness about the disease and his charities for the world is much more important and noble than him saying what we all think suck about boxing.

Comment

wtf, is boxing dead?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post

Yeah, a real honest guy like Jose Suliaman is gonna go "well Muhammad Ali says he's tired of numerous belts, I suddenly see the light! I will be about making the sport better and not about money!

Bob Lee would've stopped taking bribes simply because Ali wouldn't like it.

The WBA would say "hey, let's eliminate our ordinary champs and Super champs. Let's forget about our paydays and make Muhammad Ali happy".
          Stop acting so stupid (unless you really are ofcourse). Don't underestimate his power, he could make things happen because he 'WAS' boxing. When you'd think of boxing you'd immediately think of Ali. So, let's say he would verbally attack Suliman because of all the belts. It would get alot of media coverage (newspapers, tv talkshows and etc.The public would react.

Comment

Originally posted by wXh View Post
            Stop acting so stupid (unless you really are ofcourse). Don't underestimate his power, he could make things happen because he 'WAS' boxing. When you'd think of boxing you'd immediately think of Ali. So, let's say he would verbally attack Suliman because of all the belts. It would get alot of media coverage (newspapers, tv talkshows and etc.The public would react.
            The people in charge of boxing are about MONEY. Always has been that way and always will be.

Why would they give a **** if Ali verbally attacked them, as long as they were getting paid? They've been verbally attacked for the longest time. So Ali is attacking them? Are people gonna stop going to their fights? Would people say, "hey, I don't like this bout because Ali doesn't like the organizations"? No, people want to watch boxing regardless. The belts just add a little promotion, especially for casual fans.

Ali fought damn near all of his career with two belts out there.

If he was more powerful than the organizations, he wouldn't have gotten stripped. And then the Spinks rematch would've been for TWO belts, not one.

The biggest power Ali had post-career was the Muhammad Ali Reform Act, which from what I hear, promoters find their way around regardless.

Comment

Working...
            X