No announcement yet.

Winning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning

Finally received my Pro 16oz training Winning gloves! For any of you who have been debating if to get Winning, Grant or Reyes.. let me tell you Winning is the way to go if you're about hand protection/injury. I have Ringside IMF, Reyes, the old school Grants, Everlast, Pro Mex, title and rival and none of them come close to the unique feel and protection that Winning offers hands down the only bad side is the price I almost paid 500$ including the 60$ shipping cost. Grants go for about the same price after asking around from their official facebook. http://imageshack.us/photo/photo/443...106202701.jpg/

Originally posted by XxLeftHook_ View Post
    Finally received my Pro 16oz training Winning gloves! For any of you who have been debating if to get Winning, Grant or Reyes.. let me tell you Winning is the way to go if you're about hand protection/injury. I have Ringside IMF, Reyes, the old school Grants, Everlast, Pro Mex, title and rival and none of them come close to the unique feel and protection that Winning offers hands down the only bad side is the price I almost paid 500$ including the 60$ shipping cost. Grants go for about the same price after asking around from their official facebook. http://imageshack.us/photo/photo/443...106202701.jpg/
    Stellar! They look nice, time to break them in. I also have Ringsides; I have the "safety" sparring glove [guaranteed knuckle protection, but shouldn't be used for sparring], the traditional sparring glove which is nice, and the IMF tech's. I've had title gloves, top contender, everlast... none come close to Ringside and I'm pretty sure they are nowhere near Winning's. The prices are outrageous but at the same time, Kazamuichi's equipment is top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
      Stellar! They look nice, time to break them in. I also have Ringsides; I have the "safety" sparring glove [guaranteed knuckle protection, but shouldn't be used for sparring], the traditional sparring glove which is nice, and the IMF tech's. I've had title gloves, top contender, everlast... none come close to Ringside and I'm pretty sure they are nowhere near Winning's. The prices are outrageous but at the same time, Kazamuichi's equipment is top notch.
      Thanks, bro yea I would say my second fav sparring gloves are without a doubt Ringside they fwel like grants in my opinion, but with cheaper material. I cant wait to get off work, and break them in. Yea the prize is too much, but worth it )) Do you use the same gloves for sparring /training

Comment

Are you a pro? Because unless you are, I can't see spending $570 for boxing gloves.

Comment

Thanks, bro yea I would say my second fav sparring gloves are without a doubt Ringside they fwel like grants in my opinion, but with cheaper material. I cant wait to get off work, and break them in. Yea the prize is too much, but worth it )) Do you use the same gloves for sparring /training
          Do you recommend the Grants? I've thought of getting them, but I've read at a couple places that they're priced just as high as Winning's but don't offer the same protection. Reyes' are nice, too? Let me know how the Winning's feel, I've only heard great things about their gloves.

Asfar as using the same gloves, I use the same gloves that I train with to spar with [meaning whichever pair I decide to use that day]. For some reason, I don't like using bag gloves or other types of training gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            Are you a pro? Because unless you are, I can't see spending $570 for boxing gloves.
            Some people like to train as a leisurely activity but don't necessarily get the comfort and protection from some of the more mainstream equipment.

I still remember getting my first Century gloves and TKO mitts thinking I was legit, then I discovered Everlast which trumped those brands. Then from there, I'd been experimenting with different brands and noticing the differences between them and their products.

I've never worn a pair of Winning gloves before, but I can tell you that judging from my Winning headgear and protective cup, compared to any other brand that I've had out there, it'll be well worth the money down the line; leisurely or professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              Are you required to be a pro? Smh..I bought because obviously I have the money.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
                Do you recommend the Grants? I've thought of getting them, but I've read at a couple places that they're priced just as high as Winning's but don't offer the same protection. Reyes' are nice, too? Let me know how the Winning's feel, I've only heard great things about their gloves.

Asfar as using the same gloves, I use the same gloves that I train with to spar with [meaning whichever pair I decide to use that day]. For some reason, I don't like using bag gloves or other types of training gloves.
                Grants are really nice, but they are mostly for showing like a luxury glove. They are the most beautiful gloves out there you can custom design them with you fav clors, even get patent leather on them i got a quote from the owner of grant company for $520. The ones I have are the stock red/black/grey quality wise I would say they are just below Winning but but knuckle/wrist protection they are no where near Winning. Reyes really good, but se them on a actual match because their knuckle padding is very little, I have the same yellow 10oz that pacquiao used for the mosley fight, but man are my knuckles bruised after the match lol...well Winning is a perfect match for me because I have somewhat brittle hands lol...ooo i almost forgot to mention the thumb area on Winning is the best ever! Your thumb feels great no crunched or out of place like with everlast or grant

Comment

Are you required to be a pro? Smh..I bought because obviously I have the money.
                  Just do not assume that with equipment for 600$ you are automatically 10 times better than those with equipment for 60$. I saw many guys in gyms with such attitude. Usually, they quit after 3-6 months

Comment

Originally posted by NVSemin View Post
                    Just do not assume that with equipment for 600$ you are automatically 10 times better than those with equipment for 60$. I saw many guys in gyms with such attitude. Usually, they quit after 3-6 months
                    Seen it all before. Lads wanting to look the part with flash gear. Wasting money on equipment they don't need.

I have a pair of Top Ten sparring gloves (14 oz) - There is so much padding in the knuckle area it is virtually impossible to hurt your hands. Great for hard sparring if you don't want to hurt your sparring partner. These are fairly cheap in the UK. Must admit, I don't particularly enjoy hitting the bag in them, as it all feel a little bit squashy, but they do the job, and you can really let your hands go without worrying about hurting your hands.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Top-Superfig.../dp/B000VXXBOI

Also, there are plenty of even cheaper alternatives that offer great hand protection too.

I have just bought 10 pairs of these below for our gym in 16 oz.
                    Again, they offer very, very good hand protection. Not sure how durable they will prove to be as the lads have only been using them a few weeks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1107774361...84.m1423.l2649

Comment

Working...
                    X