No announcement yet.

Did Bowe really DUCK Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Bowe really DUCK Lewis?

I heard a story that Lewis was too greedy, wanted too much money to fight Bowe. Anybody else hear that?

Bowe/Holyfield and Lewis/Ruddock was a mini tournament with the winners of each bout agreeing too face each other,After knocking Ruddock out Lewis was Bowes mandatory anyway,whos team offered Lewis a 90/10 split in favour of Bowe which is obviously ridiculous,then the champion threw his title in the bin rather than facing Lewis.So you can make your own mind up really,those are the facts

Comment

Where's Sonnyboy when you need him

Comment

Of course Bowe ducked him, he threw his title i the trash instead of fighting Lewis FFS!

Comment

Bowe backed out of a deal he made to fight him. I guess for some people there are different perspectives on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Andi Peters View Post
            Of course Bowe ducked him, he threw his title i the trash instead of fighting Lewis FFS!
            He had to give it up if he wasn't fighting Lewis. He just chose to be a bit more theatral.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
              Where's Sonnyboy when you need him

Bowe might have been spooked based on something that happened in the Ams.

but yeah he ducked him

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post

Bowe might have been spooked based on something that happened in the Ams.

but yeah he ducked him

one of the more blatant ducks in the history of the division

team bowe was always a bit off to say the least.

Comment

Bowe tried to low ball Lewis with a ridiculous 90/10 split when he himself got a 75/25 split to fight for the title. He than trashed the title when the WBC tried to force the fight. A former poster use to try and say there was no call for this fight, but that is a crock of BS. After Lewis destroyed Ruddock the boxing world was clamoring for this Olympic rematch. As New England has pointed out, it was one of the most blatant ducks in heavyweight history.

Comment

I saw a video with Maloney saying Bowe and Lewis had signed to fight just before the Lewis McCall fight, but when Lewis got knocked out the fight fell through.

Comment

Working...
                    X