No announcement yet.

Fedor is overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
    I love how some are calling me a noob,i have been watching since ufc 3,i used to go to the underground shows,before mma ever got big.
    So? And that gives you the right to call him overrated? I mean you do have the right because it's just your opinion but just because you've been watching since UFC 3, it doesn't mean you know it all.

Sorry if I sound a little harsh but posts like this make you sound like that.

Comment

Loss Antonio Silva TKO (Doctor Stoppage) Strikeforce - Fedor vs. Silva 2/12/2011 2 5:00
      Loss Fabricio Werdum Submission (Triangle Armbar) Strikeforce / M-1 Global - Fedor vs. Werdum 6/26/2010 1 1:09
      Win Brett Rogers TKO (Punches) Strikeforce / M-1 Global - Fedor vs. Rogers 11/7/2009 2 1:48
      Win Andrei Arlovski KO (Punch) Affliction - Day of Reckoning 1/24/2009 1 3:14
      Win Tim Sylvia Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) Affliction - Banned 7/19/2008 1 0:36
      Win Hong Man Choi Submission (Armbar) Yarennoka - New Years Eve 2007 12/31/2007 1 1:54
      Win Matt Lindland Submission (Armbar) Bodog Fight - Clash of the Nations 4/14/2007 1 2:58
      Win Mark Hunt Submission (Kimura) PRIDE - Shockwave 2006 12/31/2006 1 8:16
      Win Mark Coleman Submission (Armbar) PRIDE 32 - The Real Deal 10/21/2006 2 1:15
      Win Wagner da Conceicao Martins Submission (Punches) PRIDE - Shockwave 2005 12/31/2005 1 0:26
      Win Mirko Filipovic Decision (Unaminous) PRIDE - Final Conflict 2005 8/28/2005 3 5:00
      Win Tsuyoshi Kosaka TKO (Doctor Stoppage) PRIDE - Bushido 6 4/3/2005 1 10:00

This is his record over the last 6 years,not very impressive Mark Hunt and Hong man choi.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
        So? And that gives you the right to call him overrated? I mean you do have the right because it's just your opinion but just because you've been watching since UFC 3, it doesn't mean you know it all.

Sorry if I sound a little harsh but posts like this make you sound like that.
        Funny how fighters get bashed constantly but i say something about Fedor and people get pissed,hes not that good, was never that good,and would get slaughtered if he ever fought in the UFC he couldnt even beat Bigfoot Silva.

Comment

Loss Antonio Silva TKO (Doctor Stoppage) Strikeforce - Fedor vs. Silva 2/12/2011 2 5:00
          Loss Fabricio Werdum Submission (Triangle Armbar) Strikeforce / M-1 Global - Fedor vs. Werdum 6/26/2010 1 1:09
          Win Brett Rogers TKO (Punches) Strikeforce / M-1 Global - Fedor vs. Rogers 11/7/2009 2 1:48
          Win Andrei Arlovski KO (Punch) Affliction - Day of Reckoning 1/24/2009 1 3:14
          Win Tim Sylvia Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) Affliction - Banned 7/19/2008 1 0:36
          Win Hong Man Choi Submission (Armbar) Yarennoka - New Years Eve 2007 12/31/2007 1 1:54
          Win Matt Lindland Submission (Armbar) Bodog Fight - Clash of the Nations 4/14/2007 1 2:58
          Win Mark Hunt Submission (Kimura) PRIDE - Shockwave 2006 12/31/2006 1 8:16
          Win Mark Coleman Submission (Armbar) PRIDE 32 - The Real Deal 10/21/2006 2 1:15
          Win Wagner da Conceicao Martins Submission (Punches) PRIDE - Shockwave 2005 12/31/2005 1 0:26
          Win Mirko Filipovic Decision (Unaminous) PRIDE - Final Conflict 2005 8/28/2005 3 5:00
          Win Tsuyoshi Kosaka TKO (Doctor Stoppage) PRIDE - Bushido 6 4/3/2005 1 10:00

This is his record over the last 6 years,not very impressive Mark Hunt and Hong man choi.
          Beating a prime Cro Cop standing=not very impressive?

Also on that list are Coleman, Arlovski and Silvia. If you think prime Fedor wasn't good enough to dominate the UFC, you should probably take into account that fact that he beat several of their top guys/champions.

Apart from Mir and Couture, I don't think there is any UFC heavyweight champion from Fedor's best years that he hasn't defeated. And I don't think either of them would last the distance against him, let alone win.

Comment

People got to remember too the sport is still young and evolving. Like boxing people get old, the man's been unstoppable for 10+ years and only now is starting to fade. Big Nog is the 2nd greatest heavyweight of all time and Fedor beat him TWICE, beat the hell out of him.

Its not that UFC is better then PRIDE, its the fact the best people in PRIDE were big for almost a whole decade and in the twilight of their careers came to the UFC like Wandy, Big Nog, Gomi. Not to mention a ring & a cage is a big difference. I'm convinced if Randy fought his whole career in PRIDE he'd be a journeyman, he's a cage master. In a ring I don't think he'd be as effective.

Comment

He is i fell into the hype for awhile ,and then i saw him cheat Lindland he was about to be taken down and battered,but no he grabs the ropes and reverses the takedown,when he comes out of his shell again he gets beat by Werdum and Giant Silva,proof to me Pride was nothing but a roid factory,look at Arona he wont even fight anymore.
              With all that he's accomplished, it pretty much doesn't matter if he loses now because he isn't prime anymore. Just as many UFC fighters from the same period have suffered losses to fighters they are 'suppose to' beat it doesn't take away from what the have already done.

And if nothing else, just look at the UFC HW's that ruled at the same time Fedor was ruling PRIDE. Tim Sylvia and Andre Arlovski. We all know what happened in those fights.

And I know I didn't mention Couture, but lets be real, Fedor would have raped his ass. Couture would be flattened on the first connected punch.

So who else is left from Fedor's prime era that he didn't beat? Nobody. Losing to younger bigger and more prime fighters at the present doesn't and shouldn't take away what he accomplished in the past.
              Last edited by -Swizzy-; 07-29-2011, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                With all that he's accomplished, it pretty much doesn't matter if he loses now because he isn't prime anymore. Just as many UFC fighters from the same period have suffered losses to fighters they are 'suppose to' beat it doesn't take away from what the have already done.

And if nothing else, just look at the UFC HW's that ruled at the same time Fedor was ruling PRIDE. Tim Sylvia and Andre Arlovski. We all know what happened in those fights.

And I know I didn't mention Couture, but lets be real, Fedor would have raped his ass. Couture would be flattened on the first connected punch.

So who else is left from Fedor's prime era that he didn't beat? Nobody. Losing to younger bigger and more prime fighters at the present doesn't and shouldn't take away what he accomplished in the past.
                He is 33 and got dominated by a guy 5 years older,Fedor sucks.He should retire and compete in his boring sambo tourneys.

Comment

The funny thing is that when people say how former Top Pride fighters not doing well outside PRIDE folded, fighters who weren't among PRIDE's elite were big successes in UFC, Rampage Jackson and Anderson Silva fought in PRIDE but weren't as successful as their fellow Pride competitors despite having good records, also Chuck Liddel fought in PRIDE and lost to Rampage who was considered a PRIDE fighter at the time.

That's why I don't like the whole UFC Fighter vs PRIDE Fighter garbage, a fighter is a fighter no matter what promotions he fights for, when a fighter leaves promotion A to go to Promotion B, he's fighting for B not A.

Comment

Originally posted by Elemental Fist View Post
                    The funny thing is that when people say how former Top Pride fighters not doing well outside PRIDE folded, fighters who weren't among PRIDE's elite were big successes in UFC, Rampage Jackson and Anderson Silva fought in PRIDE but weren't as successful as their fellow Pride competitors despite having good records, also Chuck Liddel fought in PRIDE and lost to Rampage who was considered a PRIDE fighter at the time.

That's why I don't like the whole UFC Fighter vs PRIDE Fighter garbage, a fighter is a fighter no matter what promotions he fights for, when a fighter leaves promotion A to go to Promotion B, he's fighting for B not A.
                    Very true.

Plus, people tend to forget that Dan Henderson is a PRIDE fighter, and he's had a great transition to the US MMA scene.

Also, anyone who thinks the Fedor we've seen in his last couple of fights is the same Fedor we saw in PRIDE is completely delusional. In PRIDE, Fedor would take his time and carefully craft his flurries and big shots, whereas in his last few fights he comes out swinging balls to the wall, leaving him completely open to counters and takedowns.

If Fedor would have fought Cro Cop back in 2005 like he did Hendo Saturday... Fedor would have been knocked out FORREAL.

Comment

True. He really underestimated and dissrespected Henderson. Just ran at him with wild punches, and was getting caught by huge right hands from Henderson and was hurt badly a few times. I knew that as soon as I was seeing that, something bad was going to happen to fedor. Again.

Comment

Working...
                      X