Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saul Alvarez vs. Ricardo Mayorga on Sept. 17th on a GB PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is a decent fight, Mayorga is still entertaining, I thought he looked pretty good against Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by *Khan View Post
      http://www.maxboxing.com/news/promo-lead/garcia-returns

I think it's a solid fight, but not PPV worthy. I'd still buy it though. What do you guys think?
      That would be a good learning experience for the young and raw Canelo if he can beat Mayorga but in the next fight he would need to fight someone that befits him as world champ.

Comment

Why would it be on PPV??

What the **** is going on? Is this where boxing is heading? Every fight on PPV?

Comment

Interesting fight, but not for PPV. I think mayorga could actually beat him. Lets not forget how well he did for 11 rounds against cotto. The little 20 year old would get confused and roughed up quickly.....

Comment

I assume its on PPV as an undercard? If not, then WTF?

I thought Mayorga retired?

Comment

Mayorga is winning, he looked better in a loss than Cotto has in a win over the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
                I assume its on PPV as an undercard? If not, then WTF?

I thought Mayorga retired?
                I don't get it. I just don't.

Comment

Great Idea

I like this for Canelo and equally for Mayorga

The trash talking from Mayorga would be legendary and Canelo would face arguabaly the hardest in his young career, and If Canelo knocks him out or more that bodes well for his confidence and development.

Canelo is still a hype job but I like the fact that golden boy is moving him up at a steady pace for now since despite what some "fanatics" might think he is still a few years away from really contending IE if Canelo fought Cotto or Margarito he would get destroyed.

Thus with Canelo moving along steadly he can develop into the fighter some feel he could turn into let's just hope that Golden Boy and Co don't over do it.

Overall though I still like this fight and I like Canelo more than Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Comment

I guess that is alright, doesn't really interest me but I can see the reasons for the fight.

Comment

This is a fight you want people to see, not so much a fight that people want to see bad enough to pay for it.

Its better to have this as an HBO or showtime fight for more exposure, Cause if Alvarez comes off this looking good, then he's got alot of PPV options. I don't think just cause you beat up Matt Hatton, then all of a sudden you're a ppv draw.

as it stands right now though, if you throw it on PPV, only 100k-250k people are going to buy it. (unless the undercard is stacked)

Comment

Working...
                      X