No announcement yet.

Better resume: Mayweather or Hopkins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Going off memory, Simon Brown, Andrew Council, Glen Johnson.

I'm sure there's more.

Plenty and most were in the top 10 but certainly less than 99% were.
    glen johnson wasnt in the top 10?

i forgot about council and brown, yea you're right, but glen jonhson wasn't?? wasnt he like 34-0 or somethin when he fought bhop??

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Hopkins has a better Resume than anyone in boxing right now, I don't care who you are or how popular you are or how many fans you have or the PPV that you sell, B-Hop has a better resume than all these made up guys, and I don't really care too much for him.
      how does hopkins have a better resume than pacquiao?

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Can't imagine Hopkins looking for weight draining tactics before he feels confident enough to get in the ring with you.
      yea because bernard never fought in a catch weight fight....

Comment

Hopkins has the better resume. He fought and beat the best smaller guy coming up in Trinidad. He fought Jermaine Taylor when he was the best at 160 and lost both fights in controversy. He went up in weight and fought the best at light heavyweight in Tarver and beat him. He beat an undefeated Pavlick when he was the undisputed middleweight champion. His 20 defenses at middleweight is impressive because he fought all different type of styles and not just styles he was tailor made for. Bernard Hopkins is a throwback fighter, hands down.He has beaten the best and lost to the best. But...he fought the best. Can't say the same about Floyd. Floyd would have to fight Bradley, Pacquiao, and Martinez to even be put in the same sentence with Hopkins. Sad part about it, I think Floyd could beat all 3, but he lacks something. I don't think he lacks heart...but he lacks something. Maybe its just the fear of losing his 0.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
          that's fine you only know all time greats. Boxing needs uninformed casual observers to but Plenty of fans remember who the good contenders were. especially those of us who actually watched boxing during that time. There are 1000's of good fighters who never became famous. Doesn't mean they didn't have their day.There is local glory in even a state title and it's a fine line between being great and being forgotten about and talked down to by idiots
          That's the problem with a lot of boxing fans. They just don't know the history of the sport. If a fighter doesn't sell out arenas, they look at them as nobodies. There are a lot of contenders throughout the history of the sport that would destroy some of todays champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
            that's fine you only know all time greats. Boxing needs uninformed casual observers to but Plenty of fans remember who the good contenders were. especially those of us who actually watched boxing during that time. There are 1000's of good fighters who never became famous. Doesn't mean they didn't have their day.There is local glory in even a state title and it's a fine line between being great and being forgotten about and talked down to by idiots
            Waaah. Waaaaah.

Comment

Depends how you look at it, a lot of you are saying he fought everyone and anyone, sure a lot were top 10 but a lot weren't that good... go in any list and look through the ten fighters and tell me how many are that great. Still it's close and Hopkins did beat a lot of great fighters. It's really a toss up... in terms of overall Hopkins, big wins... Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
                BULLSHlT The rematch was on the table more than once during they're prime year's and each time it fell apart cuz Roy wanted all the money.

Didn't Hopkins want a split that was more than his value at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                  Depends how you look at it, a lot of you are saying he fought everyone and anyone, sure a lot were top 10 but a lot weren't that good... go in any list and look through the ten fighters and tell me how many are that great. Still it's close and Hopkins did beat a lot of great fighters. It's really a toss up... in terms of overall Hopkins, big wins... Mayweather.
                  how are floyd's "big wins" better than Hopkins? Floyds big wins are Diego Corrales, Castillo and Oscar. I don't think that can quite compare to say Trinidad, Tarver, Pavlik/Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                    Exactly. Middleweight was going through a mild period when Hopkins was reigning. So it's not totally his fault that he fought a lot of unspectacular fighters, but he's also coming out with a weaker resume than Floyd as a result. It would've been nice to see Hopkins fight the Euros like Abraham and Sturm too, but those fights were never even in play as far as I remember. And I thought Taylor and Calzaghe beat him.

Comment

close but clear, hopkins takes it because he beat a prime ATG in trinidad

Comment

Working...
                      X