Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if broners the next berto instead of the next Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if broners the next berto instead of the next Floyd?

Don't get me wrong I'm not a broner hater, I infant love his style in the ring.. But what if he's just ur real fast guy with power and once he moves up in weight and competition hell lose? There are many guys that start out great and everyone loves fast powerful hands but at the highest level that can onlyngomso far. Wards the closes to Floyd right know IMO in terms of greatness.

Originally posted by JAMES_THUNDER View Post
    Don't get me wrong I'm not a broner hater, I infant love his style in the ring.. But what if he's just ur real fast guy with power and once he moves up in weight and competition hell lose? There are many guys that start out great and everyone loves fast powerful hands but at the highest level that can onlyngomso far. Wards the closes to Floyd right know IMO in terms of greatness.
    Then he's going to make a ****load of money and HBO will have, to quote ice cube, "a new ni&&a next year"!

Comment

I'm not sold he's the next Floyd but I think he's better than Berto.

He's clearly more skilled than Berto and when he's stepped up in class he hasn't looked terrible like Berto always did when he fought a half decent opponent.

Comment

His fights are gonna get tougher when he enters the 140lb division for sure. But as of right now, I wouldn't argue with anyone who claims he's the king of 135.

Comment

Broner's career looks to be arcing higher than Berto's so far. He is very young and has fought the #1 in the division already(something I don't think Berto has done) and looked good in that fight. Berto looked flawed in all of his "step up" fights. Not to mention Broner can sell more than 800 tickets in a venue, and gets decent ratings on the networks.

Comment

He is better than Berto, you can assess certain things with your eyes. He is much better defensively, better at controlling the pace, picking his shots and punches in his arsenal.

He's not Floyd's level and I don't think he ever will be but he is multiple steps ahead of Berto.

Comment

yes guys i do agree hes better than berto, couldnt think of anyone else to compare him to . hes got way better defence tho thats for sure.

Comment

We'll see once he gets some pressure, or gets hurt, or gets beat!! Second he is nothing like Floyd, he comes to dominate and get flat footed to throw power once he feels his opponent out. Floyd comes to the ring to move off and counter! Two very different methods, they do share some simular techniques but they are NOT a like in their approach to win.
                Floys plays it safe all the time and Adrian comes to overwhelm. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  We'll see once he gets some pressure, or gets hurt, or gets beat!! Second he is nothing like Floyd, he comes to dominate and get flat footed to throw power once he feels his opponent out. Floyd comes to the ring to move off and counter! Two very different methods, they do share some simular techniques but they are NOT a like in their approach to win.
                  Floys plays it safe all the time and Adrian comes to overwhelm. Ray.
                  I think floyd started doing that more as he moved up in weight. I expect Broner to do something similar.

Comment

Broner doesn't have the style to be the next Berto.

Berto has an explosive style and can be drawn in to wars. Broner is very dominant, can get in to a war but a one-sided one where only he's dishing out punishment. Berto's wars have all been far from one-sided.

Broner seems like a cross between Mayweather and Winky.

Comment

Working...
                    X