Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach thinks Manny would beat Whitaker and Duran at 135..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freddie Roach thinks Manny would beat Whitaker and Duran at 135..

Taken from Ryan Manquinana's interview with Roach.

RM : The two boxing greats who Mannys been compared to as of late, due to his success in moving up multiple weight classes are Roberto Duran and Pernell Whitaker. How do you think Manny would match up with them at 135?

FR : Its tough to compare eras, of course. Pernell was a great boxer, and Manny has trouble with the counter-punching style a little bit, but I dont think Pernell could stand the pressure. With Duran, I think Manny could beat him. Duran was a ballsy guy; he liked to fight, but, you know, No Más made me wonder if he had any quit in him. In the past, at [lightweight], I picked Duran to win, but this time I think Manny would win by decision now.

Freddie sure does rate his boy highly! thoughts ..?

Freddie Roach is on some dope. He is just talking **** now.

Comment

Manny loses to both. Not to say Manny isn't good, but your talking two damn good lightweights there.

Comment

he also said before duran would beat pac

Comment

bwahahahahaha

He would get SCHOOLED by BOTH

Comment

Dear lord...

Comment

Originally posted by Cottoman View Post
              Manny loses to both. Not to say Manny isn't good, but your talking two damn good lightweights there.
              Plus this is a antsy matchup again. PAC is no good at fantasy fights

Comment

definitely......if sweetpea could'nt beat a young unexperienced hoya, how else would he beat packy......duran vs packy would definitely be a sight to watch but i think pac outspeeds him to win a UD.....

Comment

Originally posted by SteveJarvey View Post
                  Plus this is a antsy matchup again. PAC is no good at fantasy fights
                  That's because fighters don't enter the ring shot and dehydrated in fantasy fights.

Comment

Pureboxer you ***** stop being such a ***** .

Comment

Working...
                    X