No announcement yet.

The One great thing about Oscar's retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The One great thing about Oscar's retirement

No one will be chasing him for super fights anymore. Of course we still have Pacman, Hatton, and Floyd, but as far as these overhyped super fights with Oscar, it's over.

DLH was a boxing great and an absolute legend. But boxing will be better off now that he's moved on.

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
    No one will be chasing him for super fights anymore. Of course we still have Pacman, Hatton, and Floyd, but as far as these overhyped super fights with Oscar, it's over.

DLH was a boxing great and an absolute legend. But boxing will be better off now that he's moved on.
    2.4 Million PPV buys.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
      no one will be chasing him for super fights anymore. Of course we still have pacman, hatton, and floyd, but as far as these overhyped super fights with oscar, it's over.

Dlh was a boxing great and an absolute legend. but boxing will be better off now that he's moved on.
      i hope you are right

Comment

i dunno about dlh being a legend, but he did fight everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          i dunno about dlh being a legend, but he did fight everyone
          De La Hoya is a legend of boxing. 100 years from now, people will know the name Oscar De La Hoya.

James Braddock is a boxing legend. You don't have to be one of the ATG fighters to be a legend in this sport. Just ask Arturo Gatti.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
            2.4 Million PPV buys.
            exactly... maybe its better for the hardcore boxing fan, but nobody got casual fans mainstream media attention like when Oscar fights... besides other obvious known legends, tyson, ali etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              exactly... maybe its better for the hardcore boxing fan, but nobody got casual fans mainstream media attention like when Oscar fights... besides other obvious known legends, tyson, ali etc etc
              Very true. It's really a shame though reed. I don't hear a peep about boxing all year from mainstream, then DLH-Pacman is signed and all the sudden everyone wants to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
                2.4 Million PPV buys.
                And I care why? Boxing goes on without this bum. Yeah, Oscar after Mayorga was a bum and wasted my time and money. Its a great day for boxing fans to see him retire. Now we can get on with real fights instead of everyone trying to shoot for the cash cow.

Comment

yea its good 4 us fans so we dnt see stupid fites liek pac dlh but no good 4 the sport it self

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    And I care why? Boxing goes on without this bum. Yeah, Oscar after Mayorga was a bum and wasted my time and money. Its a great day for boxing fans to see him retire. Now we can get on with real fights instead of everyone trying to shoot for the cash cow.
                    He definitely wasted my money against Pacman. That entire card was a joke, not one competitive round of boxing the entire night.

Comment

Working...
                    X