This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    I'd piss myself if we moved for Higuain now Cavani isn't happening.
    I would laugh. Hijack Arsenal's attempt at finally getting better.

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    I don't know, I think they'd beat Toronto.
    Not really. Toronto surprisingly has played and beaten Salvadorian teams. Not the national side but not much difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      I heard it was 58M euros. Napoli agreed to it. So that would leave personal terms after Uruguay get knocked out of the confed cup.

I agree. I don't think he will do great here. He's a big name but he looks like ass when not playing in a team that is built around he AWOL play style. He couldn't score against Nigeria ffs.

There are other strikers out there. I don't get why the board only wants big names. Osvaldo, Doumbia, Vydra, Abaumeyang, Bony etc etc. I'm certain all would score consistently with us and not cost over 20M.

I agree. We need a DM and a CB. At this point, I welcome a De Rossi transfer.
      I would have much rather preferred the club to spend those ridiculous 58 million pounds on 2-3 young and promising players that could be bought at around 20 million pounds apiece. Then again, Chelsea's sheer involvement in a transfer nowadays automatically inflates a player's price.

I would welcome another CB as well, but I think that the DM is pretty well covered with Mikel, Romeu (not sure if he was actually sent out on loan or not), Ramires, and likely Essien returning back to the Bridge. I would prefer to have a fairly versatile CB (similar to Ivanovic) who can play as a fullback as well to provide cover for Azpilicueta and Cole if need be. I don't fancy Bertrand too much.

I really think that we need another world-class striker - just certainly not one for anything close to 58 million pounds.

Comment

Not really. Toronto surprisingly has played and beaten Salvadorian teams. Not the national side but not much difference.
        Hang urself, we have players in Europe. Playing in prestigious countries like Russia, Denmark, and Finland. If Honduras can smack Canada 8-0, we can surely beat them.

Comment

You act like that would be something new. The first bullet point in Chelsea/City's transfer manifesto is to hijack Wenger players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            You act like that would be something new. The first bullet point in Chelsea/City's transfer manifesto is to hijack Wenger players.
            It's only hijacking if a club actually puts money on the table for said player.

Comment

• Dirk is right, I remember when Chelsea would basically go in for every player united were linked with. United would be linked with someone and then low and behold a couple of weeks later Chelsea were interested.

Prime example number one, Arjen Robben. Prime example number two, Michael Essien. John Obi Mikel was one that backfired nicely though Chelsea had to pay united for him

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                Tevez is heading to Juventus - thoughts El Fenomeno/Squeal?
                Never been his biggest fan tbh. The year we signed him he was dynamite, looked like scoring every time he had the ball. Since then it's like he's tried to reinvent himself as a number 10, he slows down virtually any counter attack he's involved in and either tries a ridiculous pass that he doesn't have the ability to play, or takes on a shot from a daft angle. Drops far too deep for my liking and often gets in the way of our proper creative players (Silva, Nasri, Yaya etc). Not too fussed about him leaving as long as we get a decent replacement in, think Juve are being a bit snide with the fee though.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Players like who?

Comment

• Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                  Dirk is right, I remember when Chelsea would basically go in for every player united were linked with. United would be linked with someone and then low and behold a couple of weeks later Chelsea were interested.

Prime example number one, Arjen Robben. Prime example number two, Michael Essien. John Obi Mikel was one that backfired nicely though Chelsea had to pay united for him

Prime example.. UNITED. Not Arsenal. At least United are serious buyers.

Arsenal is like the kind of guy that goes to auctions and doesn't buy shyt but wants to tell people they only bought items because he showed interest in it first.

Comment

Prime example.. UNITED. Not Arsenal. At least United are serious buyers.

Arsenal is like the kind of guy that goes to auctions and doesn't buy shyt but wants to tell people they only bought items because he showed interest in it first.
                    How many times do you flip flop about Arsenal's finances? You really expect them to be able to compete with Chelsea in an auction? Juan Mata was a prime example recently. About to sign for Arsenal, Chelsea get word and throw money at him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      How many times do you flip flop about Arsenal's finances? You really expect them to be able to compete with Chelsea in an auction? Juan Mata was a prime example recently. About to sign for Arsenal, Chelsea get word and throw money at him.
                      When Wenger has money he refuses to spend it, he spends so much time looking for young potential stars that bargains just pass him by. Nothing but a feeder club.

Comment

Working...
                      X