No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Botha Claims Test Tampering, Vows To Clear His Name

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Botha Claims Test Tampering, Vows To Clear His Name

South African heavyweight Francois Botha has decided to have another drug test to clear his name and wants the result of his fight against Sonny Bill Williams removed from his record.

In a statement released through his promoters on Monday, Botha said the test that Australian news media reported he had failed was administered by "a confidant” of Williams's manager, Khoder Nasser.

The veteran South African said the chaotic fight with the New Zealand rugby international was "a disgusting state of affairs" and "amounts to match-fixing." Williams won on points after coming close to being knocked out in the final round.

[Click Here To Read More]

this case stinks already..

Comment

This fight should've never happened in the first place...but since it did the smell of fish has been alive and strong since fight night..want to know how bad things are in australia's boxing scene? They are trying to turn Kimbo Slice into a boxing star there..go check out the video of him fighting the tub of lard with legs he just fought (and got rocked by)..his opponent looked like he can't make it up a proper flight of stairs..Boxing needs an outsider to come in and regulate the ****..it's sickening the way things are just blatantly happening openly and more publicly than ever before. Yet folks will sit here talking about how they'll pony up x amount of dollars for a PPV..boxing will not get another dime out of me until they start cleaning things up..i'll be streaming freely.

Comment

Was this fight staged in the Upper Volta?

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          Boxing needs an outsider to come in and regulate the ****..it's sickening the way things are just blatantly happening openly and more publicly than ever before.
          Let the commission do their job.

Comment

This is exactly what I said when I heard Botha tested positive for all this drugs, why would a positive test comeback within a day or so of the fight? I would have thought the results would comeback after a week or so not after 2 days. This is a case of the Aussie trying hard to cover the shameless way in which this fight ended.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              This fight should've never happened in the first place...but since it did the smell of fish has been alive and strong since fight night..want to know how bad things are in australia's boxing scene? They are trying to turn Kimbo Slice into a boxing star there..go check out the video of him fighting the tub of lard with legs he just fought (and got rocked by)..his opponent looked like he can't make it up a proper flight of stairs..Boxing needs an outsider to come in and regulate the ****..it's sickening the way things are just blatantly happening openly and more publicly than ever before. Yet folks will sit here talking about how they'll pony up x amount of dollars for a PPV..boxing will not get another dime out of me until they start cleaning things up..i'll be streaming freely.
              Is the fight you mean? That should have been scored a knock down, the ropes held him up. Then the ref ruled that he was thrown down but it could have been scored a knockdown as well because he was wobbly as hell.

Last edited by Derranged; 02-11-2013, 02:40 PM.

Comment

The Racket Squad: Wrestling With Decay

Botha / Williams was a WWE sideshow within a sport suffering from an intense lack of integrity.

Nuff said

Comment

Dont all cheaters vow to clear their names? Nothing new here.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
                    Dont all cheaters vow to clear their names? Nothing new here.
                    Salido did.

He tested postive on the boxing commision test and that same day he went to ucla and had blood hair urine tested and he came back negative. Boxing commision had a false postitive.

Comment

Working...
                    X