No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN To Stream Canelo-Fielding Card, Future Canelo Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jethro66 View Post
    Your gonna have 2 awesome cards in december on dazn for 10 bucks..Canelo/fielding and dec 22 whyte/chisora or ortiz
    I hope those cards are awesome, because those two fights won't be.

Eddie has my money anyways though. I signed up for the WBSS.

Comment

• Originally posted by lolpz View Post
      That won't happen. The deal signed by Matchroom was exclusive with DAZN, they are loyal to each other no matter what.

What this will do is open up doors for people to want to sign with Hearn and be apart of DAZN, it will only help both Hearn and GBP, but mostly Hearn because of what I previously said. Andrade is probably happy, now that fight can be made. It's only good news all around, no bad news for anybody.

Think of it this way, what good was that huge budget for Hearn, if he wasn't able to get his fighters any fights? With GBP on board - it will only make people more willing to sign and fight on DAZN because there are more opportunity.

Plus, the cash cow is now with DAZN. Where-ever the cash cow goes, people will follow. Not only the audience, but also fighters. Fighters from 154-168 will want to cash out with a Canelo fight, meaning Hearn can sign more people to his stable, as well as Golden Boy.
      Was exclusive to DAZN? Once again, please tell me why DAZN would do that. They could have given this type of deal to plenty of other promoters. Hearn didn't have leverage here. Not like he had the best stable every network was after. That simply wasn't the case.

Comment

• If what everyone is saying is true then this Canelo deal is probably just a one and done deal. I say that because no promoter is going to want to have to go through another promoter as a buffer or middleman just to seek permission for their fighters to fight on its platform.

It's probably the main reason why promoter Kathy Duva of Main Events sought ought out an exclusive deal with NBC. It's because she didn't want to always have to go through Bob Arum as the buffer in order to authorize her fight cards with the ESPN platform either. Therefore, after the Kovalev/Alvarez card she's highly likely one and done with ESPN too.

Hell, even Al Haymon doesn't have that kind of authority with either Showtime, CBS or Fox; Whom he has given exclusive telecasting and broadcasting rights over both his boxers, boxing content and events. This is just a bad business model that won't last.
        Last edited by champion4ever; 10-16-2018, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
          You Britt boys are ridiculous lol. It was never “Hearns app”.
          Hearn was paid and given an enormous amount of money to lead the boxing content, you can be from.out of space to figure that out. Of course he's in charge of the boxing aspect, it's his app basically, DAZN came here to be the leader in boxing, they appointed Hearn as the guy to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

Hearn was paid and given an enormous amount of money to lead the boxing content, you can be from.out of space to figure that out. Of course he's in charge of the boxing aspect, it's his app basically, DAZN came here to be the leader in boxing, they appointed Hearn as the guy to do that.
            This is generally the sense I got as well, until this Canelo announcement.

Hearn brags that DAZN has a 1 billion budget for boxing over 8 years (or maybe 2 billion) but does that mean that HE is has been handed complete charge of that budget? or Does that mean the owners of DAZN have control over it? I think DAZN is in the drivers seat here. Canelo didnt sign with Hearn, he signed with DAZN, and he is a big deal in the US so Golden boy has some clout on that network, and they arent going thru Eddie to get what they need in regards to dates and money for Canelo or any other fighter on their roster.

Just my interpretation of the situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLC View Post
              This is generally the sense I got as well, until this Canelo announcement.

Hearn brags that DAZN has a 1 billion budget for boxing over 8 years (or maybe 2 billion) but does that mean that HE is has been handed complete charge of that budget? or Does that mean the owners of DAZN have control over it? I think DAZN is in the drivers seat here. Canelo didnt sign with Hearn, he signed with DAZN, and he is a big deal in the US so Golden boy has some clout on that network, and they arent going thru Eddie to get what they need in regards to dates and money for Canelo or any other fighter on their roster.

Just my interpretation of the situation.
              He's in charge of the budget!

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                So, where does GGG go now.

Pac = PBC/Fox/Sho
                Canelo = DAZN
                GGG = ???
                Golovkin is going to chase Canelo.

He'll sign with DAZN as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                  Without Hearn consent, it can't happen. Hearn has an exclusive contract to provide boxing content to DAZN, not to mention being its programming director of Boxing, not to mention being given a $$$ warchest to provide the content.

If DAZN did a deal with GB without at least Hearn consent, he can sue.

Same deal with ESPN, any deal with Top Rank consent can't happen since they have a deal to provide boxing content. This is why Main event worked with TR to bring Kovalev/Alvarez 2 to ESPN.
                  Nope. Hearn is not the exclusive promoter for DAZN, you clearly don’t understand the terms of the deal. He provides exclusive content in the USA for DAZN but IS NOT there exclusive promoter/boxing content provider.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/status/1052325580862033920

De La Hoya done the deal directly with Skipper. Hearn had and has no involvement in this deal.

Nice try. Know what you’re talking about next time though.🙈🙈

Comment

• Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    Nope. Hearn is not the exclusive promoter for DAZN, you clearly don’t understand the terms of the deal. He provides exclusive content in the USA for DAZN but IS NOT there exclusive promoter/boxing content provider.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelBe...25580862033920

De La Hoya done the deal directly with Skipper. Hearn had and has no involvement in this deal.

Nice try. Know what you’re talking about next time though.🙈🙈
                    Hearn is the exclusive promoter in the U.S. He secured the rights to any Canelo fight that happens here.

Comment

• Damn so much butthurt in this thread by the same degenerates again and again. Hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                      X