Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my favourites. The first Pacquiao fight in my opinion, guy got up after 3 knockdowns and out boxed him the rest of the fight. Even greats like Morales and Barrera couldn't handle Pac the way Marquez did.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      Mann now that Marquez has retired, it's going to be tough finding another fighter similiar to him. He wasnt smooth as Finito but came real close. When marquez is boxing its like fkin poetry in motion as they say.

What were your favorite Marquez moments?
      P4P the most beautiful boxing to watch. His combos, his pace, his mind, his chin, control, just stunning. Speed always troubled him, but even then he was a master.

Canelo throwing combos, Estrada and others give me flashes

The most similar (not due to style, but smoothness and ring generaship) is Lomachenko

Comment

His first fight against Juan Diaz is still one of my favorite boxing fights ever. Love it.

Also, his combinations were awesome to watch, loved how he sometimes ended them with a great uppercut

Comment

It's really hard to give JMM too much credit because it's widely known he roided for Manny IV and then ducked a rematch. He also was punked by Bradley who is a B level fighter.

Comment

One of the ATGs ,what a fighter man.

Comment

I stopped taking him seriously after he said he was robbed Vs. Bradley. I was like, "What the F?". The first 3 Pacquiao fights were close and he lost those three in my eyes and in the C.J fight, he was actually pretty damn good fighting against a tactician but he had 2 points taken away from him for hitting C.J below the belt line.

I can totally understand his disappointments but the Bradley fight was a robbery? Enjoy your retirement, Juan Manuel.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
                It's really hard to give JMM too much credit because it's widely known he roided for Manny IV and then ducked a rematch. He also was punked by Bradley who is a B level fighter.
                JMM was 40

And landed more power punches than Bradley

I think it was like a split decision

Not really punked

Comment

the throwing up was against robbie peden and yes the fight with jaendang was a beauty to watch J.M.M #1

Comment

When he caused mass suicides by sparking pacquiao the **** out.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                      Mann now that Marquez has retired, it's going to be tough finding another fighter similiar to him. He wasnt smooth as Finito but came real close. When marquez is boxing its like fkin poetry in motion as they say.

What were your favorite Marquez moments?
                      Diaz fight he pulled out of an uppercut 3/4 of the way through the punch when he knew it would be a wasted shot and not land properly. Ssome of the combos he landed in that fight were insane.

Comment

Working...
                      X