Sparring with more experienced partners

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring with more experienced partners

Hi guys,
    I apologize for any mistake because i m from Greece.I've started 2 months ago training in a club,the trainer asked me if i ever box in the past and i told him "yes but 15 years ago."(Now i m 36).Anyway 10 days ago after i did some light sparrings and some more hard he decide to sparr someone heavier-stronger and more experienced.The result a broken rib.He said i didnt hit you with power and now i m just wondering if i am wrong or the trainer.I'm pretty sure that everyone here has experienced something like that more or less.

It all depends.
    Are you in their to fight or train?

If your in their to fight, then ya,you can't expect to go in "light" sparring, in other words you can't be a bully looking for small lighter guys to spar.

If your only in their training then say that,and maybe stay away from sparring,unless its someone else who is just their to train,
    Can't be expecting an easy ride and to bully lads who are smaller all the time.
    If your in their to fight,your in their to fight,their is no real half measures.

Maybe he didn't hit you hard,but caught you perfectly, your bones won't be the same strength now than they were.

Comment

Do you expect everything to be easy for you? Do you expect to always be in the ring with everything in your favor? Do you expect to always spar guys your size or smaller and the same experience level? How do you expect to get better?

It seems every thread on here related to bad sparring its always the op whining "oh he was soooo much bigger than me, he was practically a pro fighter he was so experienced ooohh boo hoo!!!" too many ****ing cry babies.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post
        Do you expect everything to be easy for you? Do you expect to always be in the ring with everything in your favor? Do you expect to always spar guys your size or smaller and the same experience level? How do you expect to get better?

It seems every thread on here related to bad sparring its always the op whining "oh he was soooo much bigger than me, he was practically a pro fighter he was so experienced ooohh boo hoo!!!" too many ****ing cry babies.
        Great response. He said he’s wondering if he’s with the right trainer? lol.

Yea bro, the absolute only way you’re going to get better is by sparring better competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post

Yea bro, the absolute only way you’re going to get better is by sparring better competition.
          No i m not crying i m just wondering if the sparring should be hard as this.Im too old to go to fights(36) i just like the sport.When i m sparrimg with new guys i dont hit them but i m trying to learn them how to defend correct.I dont punish them.Of course i dont expect not to get hit but i expect from more experienced partners to go easy with me and with anyone who is new there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
            No i said if it was trainers fault to choose someone more experienced than me or it goes like this everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonV View Post
              No i m not crying i m just wondering if the sparring should be hard as this.Im too old to go to fights(36) i just like the sport.When i m sparrimg with new guys i dont hit them but i m trying to learn them how to defend correct.I dont punish them.Of course i dont expect not to get hit but i expect from more experienced partners to go easy with me and with anyone who is new there.
              First off, you're not too old to fight. Secondly, suck it up and get really good.

Comment

One of the guys who coached at my old gym(hopefully I'll be able to call it my current gym in the next month) had his first mma fight at 50 years old. Dude's a ****in beast and could probably kick my ass as well as most of the amateurs in that place regardless of weight (he's in the 190s or light 200s). I don't want to hear anything about ever being too old.

Comment

Thank you guys.Maybe Mr.Mojo he is right and i m crying.I will go on and i will try harder.Boxing is not golf,no pain no gain!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin' View Post

you talk like that to me and I would shove your face in mud.

Comment

Working...
                    X