No announcement yet.

GGG style is not pleasing to the eye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG style is not pleasing to the eye

His style is very crude lunging forward with hooks, reaching with his jab and almost always in a crab like posture ala Vic darchinyan.

To where as canelo is a more text book boxer puncher that throws pretty and cleaner combinations.

Alotta ppl are gonna surprised how easly canelo handles ggg.

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
    His style is very crude lunging forward with hooks, reaching with his jab and almost always in a crab like posture ala Vic darchinyan.

To where as canelo is a more text book boxer puncher that throws pretty and cleaner combinations.

Alotta ppl are gonna surprised how easly canelo handles ggg.
    GGG doesn't have much flash - as Floyd put it 'straight up and down, no special effects' but he is technically very well polished. 'Excellent fundamentals' as some pundits would have it. Add to that top class power and a good engine and you have a world class boxer. It doesn't have to look amazing to be effective. I for one will indeed be very surprised if Canelo handles Golovkin easily.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 09-02-2017, 01:59 AM.

Comment

What pleases my eyes is how he constantly cuts the ring off and keep pressuring his opponent

You don't see very often people cutting the ring so efficiently and consistently

Comment

It seems to me like Canelo gets hit too much, so he's going to take a lot of damage from GGG. Golovkin wins by KO/TKO in the 6th round.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronJW View Post
          It seems to me like Canelo gets hit too much, so he's going to take a lot of damage from GGG. Golovkin wins by KO/TKO in the 6th round.
          Hhhahaahah

Ggg gets hit with pretty much every punch thrown at him, he has zero head movement.

Canelo is great at rolling with the punches.

Comment

His power and KO ratio make up for it. His fights are tense becaue you know a KO might come any time soon. As with all heavy hitters, that's the draw. Have you heard his punches? They're like shotgun blasts - that's not only pleasing, but thrilling.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
              His power and KO ratio make up for it. His fights are tense becaue you know a KO might come any time soon. As with all heavy hitters, that's the draw. Have you heard his punches? They're like shotgun blasts - that's not only pleasing, but thrilling.
              The raw crude puncher almost always gets beat by the better boxer puncher.

Ggg is so robitic and stiff with his movement its ridiculous. He's fallen in love with his power and only fights one way , canelo will have too many tools for him to overcome.

Canelo by stoppage due to body shots late in the fight.

Comment

He is pleasing to my eye not as obvious as Canelo I have to say doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  He is pleasing to my eye not as obvious as Canelo I have to say doe.
                  Compared to ggg canelo is a lot more fluid with his movement and punches.

Comment

Your eye maybe.

Comment

Working...
                    X