Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo To Golovkin: I Fear No Man, You Turned Down Our Offer!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I highly doubt it but I wouldn't be surprised if GGG vs. Canelo even beat Pac vs. Mayweather numbers. You got TWO POWERFUL Fighters in their PRIMES and can Knock You out with 1 good hit. I mean that Body shot was a thing of BEAUTY!!! Canelo is showing an amazing variation of punching combos. That body to upper cut is just insane....

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
      It was two to three, not three to four. But regardless, that was a horrible offer... That's basically $6M...

If people are dubbing it the biggest fight in boxing, and some are even projecting it might actually do over 1M buys, how can you just give him a flat fee? part of the reason that it's the biggest fight is because of the matchup, because Golovkin. He's going to contribute to bringing some of those numbers. You have to give him some PPV upside.

Neither fighter will get those type of projections without each other. I'm sure Loeffler knows that GGG is the B-Side, they'll definitely take less of the split. But you have to have a split here.
      so ggg doesnt take it? at some point ggg is going to have to do something he doesnt want to do to get a big fight i mean **** people need to quit giving him excuses its not manny or floyd its ggg who has fought basically nobody

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
        well considering canelo is a bigger star and more then a 60-40 bigger what exactly did team ggg expect?
        Some Ppv upside duh. That's standard for the biggest fight in boxing, it's not something you easily give up on esp if Canelo ppvq does **** numbers. But they haven't turned it down.

Comment

• easy to spot the haters here. Canelo gave up his belt rather than fight golovkin. End of story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
            easy to spot the haters here. Canelo gave up his belt rather than fight golovkin. End of story.
            The belt was nothing more than a gimmick. Ggg's team was unrealistic in their negotiations and though that their "leverage" as mandatory would allow them to force their terms on the fight. Had they took the offer that was on the table, the fight would have been made.

If ggg really is this unstoppable world beater, why wouldn't he take the deal that was on the table, go on to KO Canelo, then at that point be the globally recognized #1 P4P fighter and the unquestioned PPV draw??? Please explain.

Comment

• Originally posted by russogd3 View Post
              The belt was nothing more than a gimmick. Ggg's team was unrealistic in their negotiations and though that their "leverage" as mandatory would allow them to force their terms on the fight. Had they took the offer that was on the table, the fight would have been made.

If ggg really is this unstoppable world beater, why wouldn't he take the deal that was on the table, go on to KO Canelo, then at that point be the globally recognized #1 P4P fighter and the unquestioned PPV draw??? Please explain.
              And if canelo was the champ why did he refuse to fight his mandatory?

Comment

That's exactly what the ggg camp wants you to think about the Ward situation. They are trying to muddy the waters and make it seem like they actually wanted the fight and Ward's camp was responsible for it not coming to life. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

This fallacy that ggg is avoided and that no one wants to fight him needs to stop. He claims he'll face anyone from 54-68, yet is not willing to budge from 60, and continues to make unreasonable demands. He is the one ducking and responsible for these fights not coming together.

Don't really feel like spending much time on Ward as it's completely irrelevant to the present. How is GGG not being avoided? They tried to set something up with Saunders he instantly said no, Eubanks seemed interested then pussied out; Jacobs said not now, maybe in 2017; Canelo talked a big game then Oscar stepped in and said it would happen in September 2017. How are these four boxers not ducking GGG?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
                  The translator got it wrong. Canelo said they made the offer and that they were waiting for them to answer; he never said it was turned down. This is presumably a flat fee offer for the biggest PPV fight that can be made atm.
                  I believe the "translator" is Puerto Rican...'nough said...

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    You believe this body not ready clown? 2 days ago he was saying he wasn't gonna be forced into the ring with Ggg. Max sure swatted that away with contempt. You know that 2-3x zero is still zero?
                    Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                    Don't quote me unless you have something smart to say.

Comment

What offer was on the table?

Comment

Working...
                      X