Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be remembered as the greater fighter Bernard Hopkins or Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    If BHOP dominates Cloud, then Hopkins gets the nod for me. Hopkins is the better boxer but Cloud is strong and younger. If he whoops him up at over 40 years old, I'll be highly impressed.

As far as accomplishments, I give it to BHOP easily but in terms of the greater boxer.....pretty close.
    Just another reason why Hopkins should continue until he no longer can. I've read some posts where people dismiss his fight against Cloud as "He will probably beat CLoud but so what, he has nothing to prove anymore and he is too old and holds too much". BLAH. NONSENSE.

If we're still on here debating whether he is greater or not against a still active fighter in JMM, then that's incentive to keep on pressin'. And as you said, a win over Cloud for the IBF Light-Heavyweight Title just might put him over the top (unless JMM pulls something else out of his hat).

Comment

nobody gives a **** about Bernard
      Originally posted by Level View Post
      I 2nd that
      You have 5 posts in your forum life and a ****ty log-in name. I'd say that nobody gives a fuk about what you think.

Nothing personal. Just statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
        Maybe Jones beat him clearly but not Calzaghe and Taylor. And Marquez was dominated by Mayweather so he's not arguably undefeated.
        Yes.

JMM was one victory away from not only being greater than Hopkins but great than a bunch of other fighters too. Had he beaten Mayweather we would have a whole different debate in here right now.

Comment

JMM more liked and remembered. Hopkin's is great but he is in some boring fights.

Comment

I mean he has what? Felix Trinidad? Fat Oscar? Tarver? Pavlik? Pascal?

Marquez has Pacquiao 4x, Barrera, Gainer, John, Casamayor, and Diaz
            Misleading list because you named only people b- hop beat but when mentioing marquez you mentioned people he lost to aswel.

Outside of that 1 win over a declining Pac who was coming off a loss, marquez doesnt have any other great win. The next best would be over a washed up Barrera who floored and outlanded Marquez and Lederman had Marquez losing. Outside that, past it Csa maybe?

Hopkins has more ins over prime fighters so he ranks higher.

Comment

hopkins easily, unless juan continues fighting top notch opponents anyway

Comment

Has to be Hopkins. Marquez is a great fighter but Hopkins run at MW, though lacking any true star quality apart from Oscar and Tito was pretty impressive, then moving up to LHW and winning the lineal title and beating a bunch of much younger, hungry, highly gifted, hard hitting foes while he was well into his 40s is simply astounding and unparalleled.

Comment

Working...
                X