Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Seth Mitchell be brought along faster?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
    No, as evident from him almost getting knocked out by fricken Chazz Witherspoon.

To be honest, in the overall scheme of things, he probably got into boxing too late and will never be a titleist.
    Nate Campbell didn't start fight till his mid 20's . Mitchell will likely win a title down the line. Not against the Klits, but he'll pick one up against Povetkin or when the Klits are gone. The division is at an all time low and Mitchell keeps showing improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
      That is most probable.

He would need the gift of size or extreme power to make up for his lack of Ring IQ.

If he wanted the quick shot to the top he should have went the MMA route.
      I didn't think about that. It does seem that it's way easier to reach the top ranks of that sport. Good call.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Nate Campbell didn't start fight till his mid 20's . Mitchell will likely win a title down the line. Not against the Klits, but he'll pick one up against Povetkin or when the Klits are gone. The division is at an all time low and Mitchell keeps showing improvement.
        I'm just pinning my hopes on younerg guys like Mike Perez, Deontay Wilder, Kubrat Pulev, Anthony Joshua, Malik Scott, Denis Boytsov, in the future.

Comment

I didn't say it wasn't possible, just probable.

Martinez picked up pugilism at like 20 and he was an athlete from another sport and now he dominates boxing so I will definitely not say it can't happen.
          Last edited by Mr. Invincible; 05-02-2012, 11:21 AM.

Comment

I think he needs 4-5 more fights before he's even a legitimate contender for a title shot. He should fight guys like Grant/Chagaev/Mormeck/Fury/Helenius. He still needs to tighten his defense and work on head movement instead of trying to block all the incoming punches. I know it's almost unrealistic to expect that he'll fight this many times before he gets a shot, but he needs to make sure that he maximizes his potential before he gets to a Klitschko. They would wipe the floor with him at this point, he wouldn't last 4 rounds with either one.

Comment

What ever happened to rooting for and encouraging fighters?

I'm just saying.....

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                I'm just pinning my hopes on younerg guys like Mike Perez, Deontay Wilder, Kubrat Pulev, Anthony Joshua, Malik Scott, Denis Boytsov, in the future.
                David Price

Comment

David Price
                  I know about Price, sorry I just left him out not even thinking about it. Him as well. So, the future could be alright, who knows???

Comment

What do you think of the timeline I outlined..reasonable?
                    Sounds fairly reasonable.

I'd say 3-4 more fringe contenders... then after that, as long as no problems have occurred which would indicate more work needed... Maybe an Arreola or Adamek.

Too bad Monte Barrett is retired.

Either way... 6-7 more fights, that he needs to be impressive in, until I can consider him a possible threat... keep in mind, that will be 2 1/2 years from now which would put Wlad at almost 38, and Vitali possibly retired.

Comment

No, he should fight more often (once a month) and slowly climb the heavyweight rankings, while getting the experience and confidence needed to defeat Klitschko. He is new to the sport, put him in against Grant, then a top 20 guy or two then bring on the ex-title challengers (Adamek, Arroela, Barrett, Thompson), then have Wladimir give him a payday. Still can't see him beating Wlad unless Wlad pulls a Mike Tyson in Toyko (overconfident, not training, incompetient corner and Seth's mother passes on) even then I don't see Wlad losing, but then again how many people thought Buster would win.

Comment

Working...
                      X