Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are all earbuds made cheap so the speakers blow out easily?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are all earbuds made cheap so the speakers blow out easily?

Every month or two any brand version of earbuds blow out on me. I'm wondering if its the earbuds being made cheaply by these companies even the more expensive brands like sony or my mp3 player causing it to blow out.

I stop buying the more expensive earbuds and like to get earbuds on sale for 3 for 17 bucks like I did with my skullcandies. But this is not the point. I'm sick of always buying earbuds every so often. I've never had a one that lasted me an entire year of any brand.

What kinds did you have?

I don't think I've ever had earbuds or IEMs blow out, I've had plenty of broken cords, though.

Comment

Originally posted by CrackYourJaw View Post
      What kinds did you have?

I don't think I've ever had earbuds or IEMs blow out, I've had plenty of broken cords, though.
      Sony, and Skullcandies, and every other brand. I had one called toxic something too. I also had a pair of jvc awhile back. The left side of each speaker earbud blows out each time.

I know its probably from me jogging and the mp3 player might be moving around in my pocket a little but that shouldn't be the full reason to why they constantly blow out. If thats the case, I think they're making the cords/speakers too cheaply.

I'm on my 2nd pair of skull candies and I heard them blowing out today on the left side and I quickly shut off my mp3 player. I can sense/hear it when it blows out almost. The sound starts getting lower.

I wonder if it could be from all my ear swet. I swet alot from my ear, but if speakers can't deal with alot of swet then aren't they belt cheaply?

Comment

Tired of putting them *****s in my pocket and when I take them out, they all tangled up. Never had them blown out tho.

Comment

can't **** with buds either. i bought a couple pair of skull candies last christmas. stopped working ny march. both pair.

Comment

It's probably not the speakers blowing out, it's probably the wires breaking from the plug. You can fix them if you know how to solder but it's kind of a pain in the ass and not worth it for cheap buds. Just go to head-fi, and do a search on the forums for sturdy IEMs or earbuds and I'm sure you'll find something.

Comment

Ive never had iPod headphones go out. Ive ripped cords from them catching on my knee when I kneel down and **** but never go out.

Comment

My skullcandys stopped working 2 days ago. When you hold yours in a certain position, is it fine then but when it goes back to a normal position without you holding it, does it stop working again? Always happens to me, i think its the wiring, first in 1 bud, then the other will follow later?

Comment

Shure SE115K

I have these right now, and they've lasted me pretty long. I wear them mostly every day, the sound isn't the best in the price range, I liked my old Denon's much better, but I broke them. I had the Klipsch Image S4's which sounded great, but weren't all that sturdy. Those broke, too. Anyways these Shures also have a split cable so if the part that goes into your MP3 Player, the part that usually causes the problems, breaks you can buy another one for like 10 bucks or something.

Comment

Working...
                  X