View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 09:22 AM #9
NSB P4P #1

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
JUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond reputeJUYJUY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 390,085.00

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
"Now I say, bring on the big guys. I want Bernard Hopkins, because I see that as a career defining point. I've been champion for five years and I don't want to stagnate. I want to be seen as one of the greatest of all British champions, and I know that I need to win really big fights if the public is going to say that."

Hopkins, 37, earned the right to be called the world's No1 middleweight by beating the Puerto Rican Felix Trinidad last year, but he has so far rejected attempts made by Calzaghe's promoter Frank Warren to secure a match against the Welshman.

"We had an agreement for the Hopkins fight to happen," said Warren. "I had discussed terms with Don King, who looks after Hopkins, and I had American TV with Showtime. I would have paid Hopkins 3 million, but suddenly he said he wouldn't take the fight unless he was paid 6m.

"Since he fought Trinidad, he's made nothing worthwhile. Roy Jones is going to fight as a heavyweight, so Joe is his only option. I believe Hopkins had painted himself into a corner and, if he wants to make money and show the world he is as good as he says he is, he must fight Calzaghe.

"Hopkins keeps making excuses, but I still believe the fight will happen. Joe will fight anybody. He is a professional who has to make his living against whoever is available and he ducks nobody. We don't have a contract for Hopkins yet, but believe me it is not for the want of trying."

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
JUYJUY is offline   Reply With Quote