Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. Marines in Afghanistan urinating on dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pentagon are investigating. It's fairly clear that these soldiers will face trial for this.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      it's not like he made any of it up
      I'm not condoning anything in this war. But I could post 285 threads where the Afghans or Iraqs are torturing soldiers alive. But someone pees on a dead body and that is thread worthy. I guess it is all about who the victim is here.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
        I'm not condoning anything in this war. But I could post 285 threads where the Afghans or Iraqs are torturing soldiers alive. But someone pees on a dead body and that is thread worthy. I guess it is all about who the victim is here.
        How many innocent people have we killed in these wars? couple hundred thousand? maybe a million? We invaded them, we're really not the victims anymore.

it's expected that they're going to treat their occupiers poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
          But you aren't American.

Comment

Not sure why such antics would come as a surprise to anyone; do you realize where these people come from and what type of environment they grew up in? If they weren't pissing on corpses in Afghanistan,they'd be doing so to drunken sluts at their frat parties.

No contro.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              How many innocent people have we killed in these wars? couple hundred thousand? maybe a million? We invaded them, we're really not the victims anymore.

it's expected that they're going to treat their occupiers poorly.
              Taliban responsible for more than three fourths of civilian casualties in Afghanistan

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/10/wo...stan.html?_r=1

At a time when NATO forces were making a concerted effort to scale back civilian deaths the Taliban commenced a campaign of terror against the Afghan people, deliberately targeting civilians. Remember the post in this lounge about it? Me neither.

Comment

It's actually quite reassuring that we've progressed to the point that this is seen as disgusting behaviour, no? As recently as 150 years ago many innocent women and children were cut up and thrown down a well, some still alive. This happened in the Indian Mutiny, not far from Afghanistan. The British made the perpetrators lick up every drop of spilt blood in retaliation.

I think the world has come a long way, and that standards of behaviour are pretty high in the war-related arena. There are bound to be horrible events like this, but we can't judge the situation fully. Perhaps it was in retaliation to something even worse. Obviously we can't condone this in any way though.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  Taliban responsible for more than three fourths of civilian casualties in Afghanistan

At a time when NATO forces were making a concerted effort to scale back civilian deaths the Taliban commenced a campaign of terror against the Afghan people, deliberately targeting civilians. Remember the post in this lounge about it? Me neither.

wait a minute, two Canadians are resisting a thread that would usually would have been started by a another Canadian. Oh the irony....
                  Last edited by TBear; 01-12-2012, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

Dont worry Squeal. I will be posting a thread when I get home, for all to come and ask me questions of whats REALLY goin on over here. What you posted above is so very true, but yet I dont recall any threads being posted about it.

Comment

I suppose it is better than urinating on the living. At least the dead won't care.

Comment

Working...
                      X