Miguel 'Happy' Lora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miguel 'Happy' Lora

Thoughts on Happy ?.

Gained his Bantamweight title in 85' against Daniel Zaragoza, it was both their first proper step up against World Class opposition and Lora completely outclassed the future hall of famer then in his first defense beat another hall of famer in Wilfredo Vazquez.

He would continue to have 6 defenses after Vazquez against Antonio Avelar, Alberto Davila x2, Enrique Sanchez, Ray Minus and Lucio Omar Lopez until he lost to Raśl Perez and later Gaby Canizales (who although wasn't as great as his brother could still give most a tough fight if he was motivated).

Semi decent resume, 2 great wins in Zaragoza and Vazquez.

He was a pleasure to watch and was as charismatic as they come, a fight against Fenech would of been a treat.

Very entertaining fighter.

His victory over Zaragoza was exceptional and Lora was involved in some entertaining fights and performances.

Pleasure to watch.

Comment

I liked Lora when he fought. Perez was just all wrong for him style wise. But before that he definitely proved he was a very good fighter. Strangely Gaby Canizales bout with him at the end of his career was one of my favorites for years.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        I liked Lora when he fought. Perez was just all wrong for him style wise. But before that he definitely proved he was a very good fighter. Strangely Gaby Canizales bout with him at the end of his career was one of my favorites for years.
        Was a good fight while it lasted, Lora seemed to be in a rush to end the fight after he knocked Canizales down then got hit with that nasty hook, looked like it took his head off.

Lora didn't seem the same after the Perez fight, not as fierce as he used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post

Lora didn't seem the same after the Perez fight, not as fierce as he used to be.
          True, how often do we fighters look real good and never recover from that first loss. Don Curry might be one of these too.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
            Absolutely agree.

Comment

Working...
            X