No announcement yet.

Was it a fix or did Kovalev pack it in on his own

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it a fix or did Kovalev pack it in on his own

So was Kov bribed or did he do this on his own accord?

He got old.

He'd been KO'd already going in and nearly got KO'd by Yarde last time out.

Canelo was the younger, sharper, smarter fighter with better technique and a better gas tank.

Comment

After second review of the fight. I don't think it was fixed. I think Kovalev landed some great shots through out the fight. However, I do think he could have capitalized on going to the body more and throwing upper cuts on the in side like McGrit was asking him to.

That being said, I think McGrit screwed him. Kovalev needed to show his power earlier to keep Canelo at bay. Their game plan to only rely on the jab was actually not that bad of an idea, but McGrit and Kovalev’s inability to adapt when Canelo was blocking and countering was their biggest issue. When Kovalev did land some good body shots and combination, McGrit should have instructed Kovalev to keep doing that.

At the same time, I think if Kovalev was fighting anyone else he probably would have survived and come out victorious.

In terms of the knockout, if you replay the 11th round from begin to the knockout, Canelo was landing consistent massive shots. The last three punches was a huge right hook to the left ear of Kovalev, a huge left hook the Kovalev's right ear then a huge straight right to the left chin. Kovalev's brains were probably spinning like a wheel.
      Last edited by ReggieKray; 11-03-2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        You lame ass piece of shet! I wish you had half the balls Kovalev does and you had gone to the place we had agreed upon two years ago..
        But we both know your coward ass was selling wolf tixs on here and you had no intention of ever meeting up with me to deal with this issue we got..
        You fake ass wannabe! Fucc you zipperhead! Fucc all crabs!

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
          You lame ass piece of shet! I wish you had half the balls Kovalev does and you had gone to the place we had agreed upon two years ago..
          But we both know your coward ass was selling wolf tixs on here and you had no intention of ever meeting up with me to deal with this issue we got..
          You fake ass wannabe! Fucc you zipperhead! Fucc all crabs!
          Wtf are you still crying about lol you got exposed as a btch in my dome thread. i showed up on site with pics while you hid like a girl. Go grab them wet rags btch and wax on wax off my window lol

Comment

Wtf are you still crying about lol you got exposed as a btch in my dome thread. i showed up on site with pics while you hid like a girl. Go grab them wet rags btch and wax on wax off my window lol
            You showed up??? 😄
            You punk ass zipperhead!
            You know better biitch! Bow down to me you punk ass *****!
            Fucc you crab ass coward!

Comment

100% total fix.

Comment

Not a fix. Just a very focused cherry pick.

Comment

There was nothing fixed about that brutal ko that send Kova to the hospital

either Kovalev is a better actor than Joaquin Phoenix or you're a ******

I guess it's the latter

Comment

Working...
                  X