No announcement yet.

Me hitting the heavy bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me hitting the heavy bag

My weight is 147lbs in this video,only have 3 months boxing training(i have 1 amateur bout which i won by decision),but i have trained in muay thai for a while now.Also not in the best shape used to be 135lb last year,but when i came back from the Philippines my weight went up fast.And due to me working 10-14 hours a day no time for me to train anymore.Also don't mind the dirty garage,and couldn't move that much due to not much room.
    Last edited by ippo; 08-23-2010, 11:06 PM.

Nice, you have some flashes of Hatton in you

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
      Nice, you have some flashes of Hatton in you
      Yeah i love hatton's body work.

Comment

watch less anime and youll do better

Comment

For starters, your hands are down way too low.

Comment

You dont really ever jab, maybe like 5 times total between the 2 videos. you kinda just square up your shoulders then throw left straights. your right shoulder should not be moving when your jabbing.

Comment

Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
              i'm sure you can do much better.Says the 15 year old....
              Last edited by ippo; 08-22-2010, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
                Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
                You dont really ever jab, maybe like 5 times total between the 2 videos. you kinda just square up your shoulders then throw left straights. your right shoulder should not be moving when your jabbing.
                id jabbed at lot more than 5 times.but thats not what i'm focusing on that day.Working a lot of my hooks.

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                For starters, your hands are down way too low.
                They are just a little low,i don't like to have them too high.I like them just at my chin.In the video it shows them kinda low,but when i was hitting the bag it felt they were in the right place.But nxt i'll fix that and have my gloves a little higher.
                Last edited by ippo; 08-22-2010, 12:27 PM.

Comment

i like the style... dont change nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
                    id jabbed at lot more than 5 times.but thats not what i'm focusing on that day.Working a lot of my hooks.
                    ok more then 5, in the first vid i think theres about 1 at 26 after you push the bag then at 27-28 seconds you throw a left straight then a jab and another left straight then a jab at around 50 seconds. so 3 in the first video.

in the second vid 2 around 30, again after you push the bag, then a left straight(left)/jab at like 38 seconds then another jab at 40 right before you step back then a straight(left)/jab at 42 then jabs at 51 and 53 then 1:06 then a tripple at 1:13 ok i get you point a few more then 5

but still id recommend you working on your jabs, stepping with them, and throwing double jabs not straight/jabs not that you shouldn't continue doing what your allready doing some times you throw straight(lefts)/jabs right after a slip or a straight right which is exactly what you should be doing.
                    Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 08-22-2010, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X