Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who is not excited about the Donaire-Rigo fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one who is not excited about the Donaire-Rigo fight?

I can't really explain it, but I am not excited about this fight at all. I barely managed to finish watching the "Road to..." video about this fight (or whatever it was called). And it's not that I don't watch the lower weight classes, cause I do (although not as much as lightweight and above).
    I can't really explain it but I don't care about this fight. I will watch it tomorrow (recorded), but....

Don't get me wrong, I know these guys are real fighters and it is unbelievably hard to get down to 122 pounds which is maybe 55 kilos. Maybe in the back of my head I think "I don't care about these little guys fighting". And I don't mean that disrespectful cause I know they can punch and are high level athletes and real warriors. I just don't know. Does anybody feel similar than I do?
    Most of you guys seem to be super excited about this fight.
    Yes, you are the only one. For me this fight is EVERYTHING.
    91.78%
    No, I also am not excited about this fight.
    8.22%

You're the only one mate

Comment

Yep, I'd say you are. Now go away and die.

Comment

This is the closest thing I could find to describing how I felt after reading your post...

....what boxing fan isn't looking forward to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim2daresq View Post
          Yep, I'd say you are. Now go away and die.
          You wanna die?

Comment

Well it is a fact that smaller weights dont get much love than higher weights so your not alone.But for me I'm more excited for this fight than any other coming up(Tied with Canelo-Trout actually). It will be like watching two real life ninjas fighting. I'd watch this fight over two fat uncoordinated slow heavyweights fighting anyday of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post

....what boxing fan isn't looking forward to this?
              See, but that is the strange thing. Because I really do watch boxing. For whatever reason I don't care too much about this fight. I won't watch it live (because I would have to stay up all night here in europe), but I will watch it tomorrow. But I am not excited about it.
              By the way, it will be a very technical fight, so I am sure a lot of people here will be disappointed.

Comment

[IMG]http://ist1-1.filesor.com/***********.com/6/0/7/5/60752/1/1/d/p/11dp1/smh.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Out of all the fights coming up within the next month or two, this is the one I'm least anticipating. I'm still looking forward to it though.
                  Last edited by ROSS CALIFORNIA; 04-13-2013, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
                    I can't really explain it, but I am not excited about this fight at all. I barely managed to finish watching the "Road to..." video about this fight (or whatever it was called). And it's not that I don't watch the lower weight classes, cause I do (although not as much as lightweight and above).
                    I can't really explain it but I don't care about this fight. I will watch it tomorrow (recorded), but....

Don't get me wrong, I know these guys are real fighters and it is unbelievably hard to get down to 122 pounds which is maybe 55 kilos. Maybe in the back of my head I think "I don't care about these little guys fighting". And I don't mean that disrespectful cause I know they can punch and are high level athletes and real warriors. I just don't know. Does anybody feel similar than I do?
                    Most of you guys seem to be super excited about this fight.
                    what kind of fight excite you?

this is as big as a top A guy in the game taking in a HUGE RISK type of fight,
                    what kind of boxing fan doesnt get excited about it?

Comment

Working...
                    X