No announcement yet.

Michael Gomez vs Alex Arthur

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Gomez vs Alex Arthur

I rated it as fight of the year, there were a couple of others that were good(e.g. Brodie vs Chi number1) but this was an all heart grudge match.

What do you think? Should it have been fight of the year?

thats a very hard choice who said british boxing boxing was on the slide eh.
    i would probably agree with you because of the fact it was in arthurs home town and i laughed my arse off when he was lying flat on his back with his feet on the ropes while the ring was rushed with sombero wearing mancs.
    thats what happens in this business when you get knocked down and showboat to the cameras instead of sorting your head out.

Comment

I heard this was good. I may very well sign up at Frank Warren's website just to see this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1punchmickey
        thats a very hard choice who said british boxing boxing was on the slide eh.
        i would probably agree with you because of the fact it was in arthurs home town and i laughed my arse off when he was lying flat on his back with his feet on the ropes while the ring was rushed with sombero wearing mancs.
        thats what happens in this business when you get knocked down and showboat to the cameras instead of sorting your head out.
        So ****ing funny!! the ring enterance was great, the fight was great and watching Arthur get KO'd make that the best fight i have seen in a while! The fact i bet on Gomez helped! Arthur is far to cocky for his own good.

Comment

Originally posted by LuKahnLi
          I heard this was good. I may very well sign up at Frank Warren's website just to see this fight.
          Its cheap enough to sign up for FrankWarren.tv

If the fight is on there then you should sign up today.

Comment

No money right now. Probably next week.

Comment

Gomez to jeer Arthur

BRIAN DONALD

MICHAEL GOMEZ has issued a verbal blast towards Alex Arthur ahead of the Capital fighter’s IBF super featherweight title clash against Ghanian Eric Odumasi this Friday.

The Manchester fighter said: "I hate Arthur - he still owes me 25 grand from the winner-take-all bet I offered him at our pre-fight press conference before I thrashed him in Edinburgh for his British title last October.

"I’ll be at the Ingliston ringside to cheer Eric Odumasi and give Arthur some heavy ringside verbals before during and after the fight."

However, Arthur remained unfazed when told of the comments, insisting they were, in fact, a back-handed compliment. He said: "I’m terribly flattered by all this Gomez aggro, it just proves that Michael realises how much he needs me for a big-money return match.

"Nobody else - not Glasgow’s Craig Docherty or any other British super featherweight could generate the public interest that an Arthur v Gomez return fight would generate."

Gomez was also at the Craig Docherty fight in Glasgow last week and was cheering on Docherty big time.

Comment

Originally posted by barryboy
                Gomez to jeer Arthur

BRIAN DONALD

MICHAEL GOMEZ has issued a verbal blast towards Alex Arthur ahead of the Capital fighter’s IBF super featherweight title clash against Ghanian Eric Odumasi this Friday.

The Manchester fighter said: "I hate Arthur - he still owes me 25 grand from the winner-take-all bet I offered him at our pre-fight press conference before I thrashed him in Edinburgh for his British title last October.

"I’ll be at the Ingliston ringside to cheer Eric Odumasi and give Arthur some heavy ringside verbals before during and after the fight."

However, Arthur remained unfazed when told of the comments, insisting they were, in fact, a back-handed compliment. He said: "I’m terribly flattered by all this Gomez aggro, it just proves that Michael realises how much he needs me for a big-money return match.

"Nobody else - not Glasgow’s Craig Docherty or any other British super featherweight could generate the public interest that an Arthur v Gomez return fight would generate."

Gomez was also at the Craig Docherty fight in Glasgow last week and was cheering on Docherty big time.
                That **** if Arthur didnt pay up, but who knows!? i dont trust anything that mad manc says!!

I really hope they have a rematch, i have a feeling Arthur will do a lot better this time. I really hope Gomez wins though

I hope they fight in scotland again because that ring entrance was a classic!! walking into a venue full of hate with big silly hats on and silly music was so funny!!

Comment

Working...
                X