No announcement yet.

Official Ben Bernanke speech before the Economic Club of New York thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Ben Bernanke speech before the Economic Club of New York thread

I know this is a highly anticipated event here on the BS lounge.

Post and request links here, and also feel free to engage in blow-by-blow discussion.

For the record, Bernanke is ****. The guy's seemingly got the depth-of-knowledge of the preface of a bourgeoisie introductory economics textbook. Also, FYI his policies are sure to drastically depreciate the value of the dollar (they call it 'quantitative easing,' look it up).
    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 11-16-2009, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Seems that this link is a winner:
      http://www.cnbc.com/id/24494689

Comment

Comment

ABOLISH THE FED!!!!

Comment

Ben has brought up the spectre of forcing banks, through accounting reform, to put bad debt on there balance sheets, despite the "potential" hardship; however I see this as politically inexpedient and therefore as not happening.

Further, he's also raised the spectre of forcing banks to lend to "credit-worthy borrowers," which (if we are to take Japan as any sort of lesson) could be a grave mistake in that it may deepen the bad-debt problem by forcing loans to underperforming firms.
            Last edited by Drunken Cat; 11-16-2009, 01:38 PM.

Comment

"Jobless recovery;" more like inflated statistics.
              Last edited by Drunken Cat; 11-16-2009, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Another note; he mentioned that non-auto consumption grew. I read today that non-auto/non-petro consumption did not.

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
                  ABOLISH THE FED!!!!

No arguments from me, however I don't consider such a thing to be feasible given the political state.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirin Ichiban View Post
                    No arguments from me, however I don't consider such a thing to be feasible given the political state.
                    Seriously, how the **** did this guy ever get in such a position for a Bush-era appointment?

Comment

Working...
                    X