No announcement yet.

1st fight little more then a month a way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st fight little more then a month a way

myself and a friend agreed to have a match last night.4 rounds 3 mins a piece. he out weighs me by about 15lbs. he has never been in a fight before. i have wrestled thru out my entire school career. as a serious boxing fan i feel i have a slight edge here despite the weight/size issuse, we are about the same height.

with such a small time to prepare (i think?) what exercises should benefit me the best? what work outs/routines should i get into?

thanks for any help!!

video of the match will be up 24 hours after the match

You both box right? Kit carry on with your boxing training. Work on technice and maybe do more cardio for stamina. Try sprint training

Comment

no neither of us have boxed before, or have had any prior boxing training....

thank you for your comment! will look into a running program of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by borgata View Post
        no neither of us have boxed before, or have had any prior boxing training....

thank you for your comment! will look into a running program of some sort.
        Well start training on boxing if either of you have any. I'm betting you won't throw punches the same way you shadow box your punches because of lack in experience. Practice breathing when you get hit, breathing when you throw punches, ect. Shadow box a lot, hit the heavy bag if you have one. Watch youtube videos on tips and practice them. Learn your footwork, don't be a flat footed fighter. Learn how to throw good punches. If you're just starting from scratch there's a lot of work to be learned. You can do all the jogging and weight lifting you want but that doesn't mean you'll be good or last long in a boxing or sparring session.

Comment

My advice would be to scrap this "fight" and get some legit boxing training. Backyard boxing often results in someone getting hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
            My advice would be to scrap this "fight" and get some legit boxing training. Backyard boxing often results in someone getting hurt.
            What he said!

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
              haha thanks for your concerns. this is going to a very legit fight. i am going to a boxing gym tommorw to see about private one on one seshions. i feel that 1 on 1 seshions will benifit me the most.

we have made all the agrangments to get a ref,judges and ring etc.

and thats why im posting here!!! would like your guys input on things i should work on!

thanks again guys!

Comment

Originally posted by borgata View Post
                haha thanks for your concerns. this is going to a very legit fight. i am going to a boxing gym tommorw to see about private one on one seshions. i feel that 1 on 1 seshions will benifit me the most.

we have made all the agrangments to get a ref,judges and ring etc.and thats why im posting here!!! would like your guys input on things i should work on!

thanks again guys!
                You paid for that yourself? An official fight? Under ABA rules? With ABA reprasentatives there?

Comment

Originally posted by "Marvelous" View Post
                  You paid for that yourself? An official fight? Under ABA rules? With ABA reprasentatives there?
                  There is no way anyone would sanction a bout between two guys with no boxing experience. It's just going to be backyard boxing.

Can't wait to see the video, though. Should be good for a few laughs.

Comment

well one of you will probably get hurt. if you dont know how to fight it will be a shamble. still im in for the lulz. as for exercises explosive pressups and the like

Comment

Working...
                    X