No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs Ishida?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Another joke of an opponent, no surprise there but I'm sure his fans will remind us all how the feather-fisted 38yr old Jap K.O'd the iron chinned James Kirkland.

Oh well, at least Ishida is durable.
    He's a former world champ who's never been stopped before. The guy in your avatar fought a worse opponent in his last fight.

Comment

This guy is becoming the middleweight version of Canelo. FIGHT 160LBERS!

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
        difference between him n nelo anyone
        He's offered his HBO dates to anyone at middle, nobody spoke up except Proksa. He's got another one in june, I haven't heard anyone calling for it, maybe Pirog.

Meanwhile every SWW contender wants Canelo.

Comment

Prefer Adama over Ishida..... Very much so

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
            Never heard about this until Steve Kim just tweeted this.

Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing
            It looks like it will be Nobu Ishida who will face Gennady Golovkin in Monte Carlo on March 30th according to Tom Loeffler #boxing
            Expand

What is the point of this? Do you think they are just trying to keep him busy and hes fighting this guy because no one else will fight him?
            It's a stay busy fight o keep him sharp and in the public eye between bigger appearances. Used to be the way things were done. We see it less now.

Should see it more. Now fighters just spar more for nada.

Comment

We want the man in December. After Martinez falls for a second time, Golovkin can get it.

47 have tried and 47 have failed.

Comment

Just part of the plan to fight 5 times this year

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  It's a stay busy fight o keep him sharp and in the public eye between bigger appearances. Used to be the way things were done. We see it less now.

Yea, i dont see why people would rather he take the 2 fights a year option that most fighters take nowadays

Guys should be fighting 4X a year.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    He's offered his HBO dates to anyone at middle, nobody spoke up except Proksa. He's got another one in june, I haven't heard anyone calling for it, maybe Pirog.

Meanwhile every SWW contender wants Canelo.
                    Quillin
                    Geale
                    Sturm
                    Sergio (Dibella)
                    N'Dam
                    Murray
                    ^^^All said no for varies reasons or are taken

Then JCC, Proksa we know isnt happening.

That leaves Pirog and Macklin at 160. Pirog already pulled out of a Golovkin fight and is in nowhere land. Macklins basically the only one left

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post

isn't this fight happening in monte carlo without any american network televising it? unless the uk is televising it, i wouldn't necessarily call this a fight to keep him "in the public eye".

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Yea, i dont see why people would rather he take the 2 fights a year option that most fighters take nowadays

Guys should be fighting 4X a year.
                      quality over quantity wouldn't you say? weren't you saying donaire shouldn't be praised for fighting 4 times last year if it was against guys like vazquez and arce? not sure if it was you...either way, i'm not disappointed in hearing this. i would have preferred a legit MW like most in this thread are saying, but since it's a stay busy fight that won't be eating up a showtime/hbo date, i'm cool with it. hopefully we can see a top 10 MW against golovkin in his next hbo date.

Comment

Working...
                      X