Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the best fighter since Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    Not to me, Jones was peaking when Pea was on his way out. Don't really care about when they turned pro, tbh. Pea's last win was mid 90's, Jones was at the top til 04'.
    That's a good point. It's Jones, Floyd and Pac than.

Comment

Floyd
      Roy
      Hopkins

imo

Comment

Roy got huge wins against Hopkins[Both fighters first major title fight], Toney, McCallum in 93-96. Which IMO are the top 3 best wins of his career. Of course he has Gonzalez, Tarver, Ruiz, Hill, Harding, Griffin, Woods, Del Valle, Paz on his resume, but i'm just saying top 3. All i'm saying is, it's safe to actually say, who's the best fighter since the Whitaker and Jones era, not Whitaker alone. I just can't ignore Roy's wins over Hopkins, Toney and McCallum in the early-mid 90s.

So my answer is Floyd, B-Hop, Marquez. As the three best fighters since Whitaker and Jones.

Comment

Roy
          Floyd
          Pac
          Hopkins
          Lennox

Comment

The Great Roy :cool9:

Comment

Roy/Floyd/Pac
              I agree on these three and I think Chavez and Trinidad were just as good as Whitaker PFP.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                I agree on these three and I think Chavez and Trinidad were just as good as Whitaker PFP.
                I dont think they could be just as good if they had fights where they were totally dominated in, espically Chavez who was dominated by Pea himself. How could he be P4P better?

Comment

I would say Roy Jones.

Closely followed by Mayweather and Pacquaio.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Roy got huge wins against Hopkins[Both fighters first major title fight], Toney, McCallum in 93-96. Which IMO are the top 3 best wins of his career. Of course he has Gonzalez, Tarver, Ruiz, Hill, Harding, Griffin, Woods, Del Valle, Paz on his resume, but i'm just saying top 3. All i'm saying is, it's safe to actually say, who's the best fighter since the Whitaker and Jones era, not Whitaker alone. I just can't ignore Roy's wins over Hopkins, Toney and McCallum in the early-mid 90s.

So my answer is Floyd, B-Hop, Marquez. As the three best fighters since Whitaker and Jones.
                    McCallum was well passed it.

I don't even consider it an overly good win for Roy. He has much better.

Comment

Y'all must of forgot.

Comment

Working...
                      X