Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is David Haye getting over-hyped and overrated again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 10 contender such as who?

He should just get a shot, win or lose to Vitali. There isn't anyone else that really sparks imagination like Haye v a Klitschko.

No one cares about Klitschko v Charr or Thompson or whoever. Povetkin isn't fighting anyone live that might cause him trouble, Huck IMO beat him but it was close.

I'm not interested in Haye v recycled Klitschko opponent. Why are people so opposed to the best fighted at HW outside of Klitschko's actually facing Vitali.

Boente said if Haye beat Chisora he'd get a shot at the Klitschko's, so here we are Boente just doesn't want to give Haye a payday. I have no doubt in my mind Vitali wants this fight badly, Boente would rather line his pockets while the Klitschkos fight no hopers than give the fans what they actually want.

Comment

Depends, I think it's reasonable to call him the third best in the division.

I would like to see him in with Povetkin to prove that though. I would fancy Haye to smash him to bits. Likewise, with Adamek. They would be great fights for the fans.

Arreola is a toss up and a great fight.

He is predominantly an a counter-puncher who operates from range. He's at a big style disadvantage against the Klits. Those fights will always be boring imo, and Haye has very little chance. I still basically think he is too small for the real giants - he can't suddenly become Joe Frazier - if he decided to roll under punches and work inside, he would more than likely be KO'd early doors.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        His chin is overrated? Lmao!
        Hes never been down or particularly close to and was plastered with bombs by Sanders & Lewis who hit every bit as hard as the excuse-maker.

As if Vitali is ducking that fraud who is brainwashing you AGAIN!
        He got in the ring with Lewis, Sanders, etc like hes scared or ducking some gob****e whose best win is a fat, plodding C level car salesman from Zimbabwe Vitali had already beaten with virtually one hand behind his back.
        to be real Sanders a fat plodding golfer had him flopping round the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
          This era could use a Sanders. He was a blast.

Comment

Sanders was a very capable big guy with big power and quite frankly an in shape & motivated Sanders would of drilled Haye.

Could Haye of taken those shots Vitali took? Hell no.
            He'd of been a life support machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              This era could use a Sanders. He was a blast.
              But lets not act like he was some world beater cause he wasn't. He was a fat ass golfer who had 1 good punch

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Sanders was a very capable big guy with big power and quite frankly an in shape & motivated Sanders would of drilled Haye.

Could Haye of taken those shots Vitali took? Hell no.
                He'd of been a life support machine.
                When in the hell was Sanders EVER in shape??he was shaped like a damn pear.Dude was a fat bum who only get praised by Klit fans cause he knocked Wladamir the fuck out

Comment

Garcia deserves much more hype than Haye. The ones making a big deal out of Haye are the Klit haters/Pro Black fans. They're that desperate considering Wlad already made em look like a fool with the so called savior of the HW division.

Comment

When in the hell was Sanders EVER in shape??he was shaped like a damn pear.Dude was a fat bum who only get praised by Klit fans cause he knocked Wladamir the fuck out

Its not a bodybuilding contest.
                    He wasn't ripped & often was out of shape but the could fight.

Look at say Fedor, he was a pretty tubby guy himself all throughout his career.

Comment

Yeah, he is a bit.

I actually didn't feel he looked amazing against Chisora, to be honest. The stoppage was impressive, and Haye landed some fantastic shots to get him out of there... but he looked tired very early in the fight, and seemed to be having trouble breaking Chisora's guard in the first couple of rounds (Unless I'm not remembering correctly...).

He also seemed to be getting caught on the ropes a lot and had to clinch pretty often. It was a good come-back performance against a decent, tough fighter, but I don't think it's proof that he would destroy Vitali.

In all honesty, I haven't seen the Vitali - Chis fight, last one I saw was Adamek. I think Haye could take it if he fights the right plan. Vitali is a bit older and slower now, and seems more open to shots, if Haye was to box carefully and intelligently, he could win it though.

Comment

Working...
                      X