No announcement yet.

Dos Santos will Put the Reem in REM sleep

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
    everyone keeps mentioning the Kharitonov fight as proof that Reem can't stand with a good boxer. Lets not forget that Reem was dominating until he gassed out and then Kharitonov pounced on him while he was defenseless.

Reem has since gotten use to his weight learned how to train and eat for better stamina plus his striking has improved.

Reem would destroy Kharitov if they ever fought again and he'll destroy Dos Santos too.

If this was a pure boxing match, I give it to Dos Santos.... but it isn't. Reem has good kicks and he'll use them. If Dos Santos has the same mindset that he had against Cain, he will get REEMED. Reem will come in smart knowing Dos Santos can bang, but it seems that Dos Santos disregards his opponents' striking skills even if they are good strikers. That will be a mistake against Overeem.
    Lmao wtf are you talking about? He gassed badly against werdum because things didn't go his way. Dos santos won't play his game either. And sergei whoops his ass 10 outta 10 times on the feet unless reem takes him down. Wasn't no asswhoopin. Overeem
    Has still always had chin and cardio issues never changed no improvement. He's like the belfort of heavyweight if things aren't going his way and doesn't get you out in one he folds.

Comment

So....scrappy.....do you continue to touch a hot stove every time you get burned?

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
        Lmao wtf are you talking about? He gassed badly against werdum because things didn't go his way. Dos santos won't play his game either. And sergei whoops his ass 10 outta 10 times on the feet unless reem takes him down. Wasn't no asswhoopin. Overeem
        Has still always had chin and cardio issues never changed no improvement. He's like the belfort of heavyweight if things aren't going his way and doesn't get you out in one he folds.
        wtf? Reem was not gassed against Werdum. The only reason Reem had so called "difficulty" is because Werdum refused to fight. It was a chase-and-run match which is usually the case when a really good striker goes up against a really good BJJ fighter that has zero standup. ie: Anderson-Maia.

That fight didn't reveal any cons about Reem other than what you need to do to NOT get finished by Reem. Thats all.

Comment

JDS by Tko.
          Honestly Reems defense isn't good and his chin....
          He got wobbled twice by a much much smaller Tyrone Sponge in the K-1 grand Prix.

His gas tank is bad....

JDS has so much better hands and when ever Reem goes for a kick he will risk getting countered.
          JDS is a competent counter-puncher as well with great timing.

Kharanitov in my opinion isn't as good of a mma boxer that JDS is.
          The guy got out strucken for 4 min by Arloveski before Arloveski got ktfo.
          Jds has showed that he can control the range, counter, out-box and cut the ring.
          Kharinatov just plods forward and throws overhands rights and haymakers.
          If one lands you're ****ed but how is that considered to be great technical boxing?
          JDS would destroy Kharinotov in a mma fight without ever taking it to the ground.
          Or would you honestly believe Kharanitov would beat him in the octogan?

Plz you thought Yushin Okami would KO A.S with a left hook.

Comment

If Reem goes for a liver kick it might end like this.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
              JDS by Tko.
              Honestly Reems defense isn't good and his chin....
              He got wobbled twice by a much much smaller Tyrone Sponge in the K-1 grand Prix.

His gas tank is bad....

JDS has so much better hands and when ever Reem goes for a kick he will risk getting countered.
              JDS is a competent counter-puncher as well with great timing.

Kharanitov in my opinion isn't as good of a mma boxer that JDS is.
              The guy got out strucken for 4 min by Arloveski before Arloveski got ktfo.
              Jds has showed that he can control the range, counter, out-box and cut the ring.
              Kharinatov just plods forward and throws overhands rights and haymakers.
              If one lands you're ****ed but how is that considered to be great technical boxing?
              JDS would destroy Kharinotov in a mma fight without ever taking it to the ground.
              Or would you honestly believe Kharanitov would beat him in the octogan?

Plz you thought Yushin Okami would KO A.S with a left hook.
              its the other way around. Whenever JDS goes for a punch he'll risk getting his lead leg kicked in.
              Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
              If Reem goes for a liver kick it might end like this.....

yes, lets compare Gonzaga's striking skills with Overeem's just to prove that Reem would lose to JDS. lol ridiculous.

Look at the way Gonzaga wound up for the kick. That is worse than just amateurish. Overeem would never leave himself that vulnerable and open.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                wtf? Reem was not gassed against Werdum. The only reason Reem had so called "difficulty" is because Werdum refused to fight. It was a chase-and-run match which is usually the case when a really good striker goes up against a really good BJJ fighter that has zero standup. ie: Anderson-Maia.

That fight didn't reveal any cons about Reem other than what you need to do to NOT get finished by Reem. Thats all.
                Overeem barely won that fight werdum made it closer then a lot of people expected and overeem definitely was a complete different fighter round 1 then round 2 and 3. He was all confident throwing werdum around but then he got frustrated when he couldn't hit him when all he really needed was the ability to control distance which is nonexistent with no jab throwing straight power shots not set up like dos santos.

Bad example too. Maia wanted to fight did what he had to but Anderson roy jonesd him but by taunting. He showed how much better he was maia couldn't do *****. Werdum did what he had to do and Overeem had no answer to really dominant takeover the fight like he could have by setting up his power shots. He's just a big bully. He has kicks but he doesn't move in and out with them stradegically he's throws them sometimes in his. combos. It's not like he can do what aldo did to faber or Cruz to bowles and faber. I think it will be like cerrone diaz where he lands a few but not often enough. I just feel dos santod will break him down but defending against overeems big shots and setting up solid shots himself. Overeem will probably win the first round and half the second but dos santos will survive the storm and break him down from there for a 3rd or 4thish stoppage.

Comment

This isn't kickboxing this is 5 five minute rounds not 3-4 3min rounds where Overeem can last longer. He has never been impressive late going into fights. I really don't think Overeem will spark him out early. I can see dos Santos being extremely cautious and defensive counterpunching while Overeem let's loose his usual first round madness go. It'll be fast paced too imo advantage dos santos whose let loose giving 3 round beatdown clinics to carwin and roy. He threw werdum down and sat in his guard stalling knowing being on top wins it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kakutogi-Gumi View Post
                    So....scrappy.....do you continue to touch a hot stove every time you get burned?
                    Wtf are you even talking about getting burned? Overeem is still largely untested against top 5 heavyweights. Werdum was his first top 10 win, lesnar second. Dos santos is top 5. Dos santos still needs to defend his crown before he can he established as great too. Whoever wins will be the legit #1, I'm not saying its set in stone jds wins I'm simply giving my opinion its you delusional Overeem fans thinking dos santos has no chance in hell. I'm being logical pointing out weaknesses I see in reem dos santos could exploit so sorry i don't treat Overeem has some unstoppable wrecking machine after beating a guy coming off 2 serious life threatening disease scares and a year+ layoff who was already halfway out the octagon into retirement before the fight even started. Once he got stuffed he just stood in front of him and just laid down for him tho he ate some mean body kicks. I expected him to beat lesnar so im not as crazy about it as everybody else but not trying to discredit lesnar he's already a good matchup for Overeem who is as big as him who he can't bully. Nobody will beat Overeem by outmuscling him no matter which lesnar showed up anyway.

He's barely beat werdum then beat lesnar. Besides that its been tomato cans so I'm just waiting for him to beat dos santos or even cain even if he loses to dos santos to really say damn he's something special at heavyweight. Dos santos atleast consistently destroyed contenders for years til he put cain to sleep to claim male to his spot as champ. Just want Overeem to do that too by beating dos santos before i give him all this credit. Seems like ever since the K1 tournament still beat tomato cans like James Thompson shot ass fujita and brett Rogers people already been trying to claim him #1 heavyweight in the world without earning it. It's gonna be a war the better man will win I just feel dos santos is solidly adjusted to mma.

Comment

JDS=RUA all over again

Comment

Working...
                      X