Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your definition of an elite fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
    Elite to me means top talented fighters. Fighters that people notice. Fighters that matter when you look at future fights. Those fighters that you listed fit that catagory.
    Thanks for replying
    But what about the guys who have the ability to adjust in fights like Ali and Mayweather? Wouldnt you class those guys above a guy whose talented with the same skills?

Comment

Fighters that fight all challengers all mandatories and unifies the division

Comment

Originally posted by ElHuracan View Post
        Fighters that fight all challengers all mandatories and unifies the division
        What grade would you give Rocky Marciano? A,B or C?

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
          What grade would you give Rocky Marciano? A,B or C?
          B, on paper he was unified, had a good record( not that being undefeated means anything to me) there were other fighters like johanssen, Patterson, Williams and others which were name fighters but they were either too green or no public interest in the fight. If he would have stuck around at least 2 to 4 years he wouldve had no choice but to fight them all and in my personal opinion he wouldn't have stayed undefeated very long. Not a fact but my own opinion. So in somewhat of a lax division at the time (Joe Louis was old) when he fought him I give him a B
          Last edited by {Pito}; 05-04-2010, 02:54 PM.

Comment

being world champ, imo
            if you got a belt at the weight, you should be ready to tackle the other champs in that class, thus making you elite

Comment

Been above just being a world champion, this might sound silly but just lok at someone like Amir Khan, good fighter and a world champ but he isn't elite. Whereas Floyd is beyond needing to be champion, thus making him elite. Just like Pac doesn't need his WBO strap, it adds nothing to his legacy, like Floyd says, at his level belts just 'collect dust'

Comment

Originally posted by royjonessr View Post
                Been above just being a world champion, this might sound silly but just lok at someone like Amir Khan, good fighter and a world champ but he isn't elite. Whereas Floyd is beyond needing to be champion, thus making him elite. Just like Pac doesn't need his WBO strap, it adds nothing to his legacy, like Floyd says, at his level belts just 'collect dust'
                But dont you think a lot of that is to do with their popularity as well. Oscar didnt need a belt and I wouldnt class him as elite either.

Comment

Originally posted by ElHuracan View Post
                  B, on paper he was unified, had a good record( not that being undefeated means anything to me) there were other fighters like johanssen, Patterson, Williams and others which were name fighters but they were either too green or no public interest in the fight. If he would have stuck around at least 2 to 4 years he wouldve had no choice but to fight them all and in my personal opinion he wouldn't have stayed undefeated very long. Not a fact but my own opinion. So in somewhat of a lax division at the time (Joe Louis was old) when he fought him I give him a B
                  Thanks for this

Comment

Originally posted by Cashis Clay View Post
                    being world champ, imo
                    if you got a belt at the weight, you should be ready to tackle the other champs in that class, thus making you elite
                    Im not sure if I would class Bradley at the top of his game, but he is fast on his way to becoming an elite fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X