Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don Kings Prizefighters. 13 NEW SCREENSHOTS INSIDE!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not that impressed by graphics..

Comment

for screen shots they look pretty ****house, so hopefully they get a lot better

Comment

Originally posted by Migs View Post
        I'm right there with you man but FN4 isn't gonna happen so this is what we've got as far as boxing games go.

With that said, I'm not as concerned about the graphics (which really aren't terrible) as much as I am how realistic the game play is. If DK does a good job with this, then I'll give credit where credit is due I suppose even though I despise the guy.
        LOL.. DK has NOTHING to do with the actual mechanics of the game.. He is not a Computer programer.. His name is being used as a marketing tool.. and obviously he is going to licence the likeness and names of Boxers in HIS stable..

Comment

Argh! These screenshots were leaked to the internet from an early game build. They are NOT the finished product and they are a mix of Wii and 360 screens.

But you know what? **** fight night and anyone who like that crap. I am not impressed with fight nights shiny, sweaty graphics, and face-ripple animations.

Give me a true sim style boxing game that looks only half as "good" as fight night round 3 and I thrilled.

I am tired of seeing fighters glide their way across the ring with no sense of inertia, the complete lack of true bodypunching, the utterly rediculous, never-ending stamina, the gimmic super-punches that give even the Chris Bryd's of the world k.o. power, the lack of actual damage determined by physics, timing, and and angles, the lean-glitch, seeing Ali do the Micheal Jackson dance on the way to the ring, the grave digger taunts, the ******ed AI, the plus 20 gloves of stamina, the plus 15 shorts of courage, the commercials for Dodge and Burger King, Big E and Goliath, the 4 second parries, the measily 5 rings they gave us, Burger King as a choice for trainer, The weak roster of only 27 fighters with just six weight divisions, having my heavyweight being forced down to both light heavyweight and middleweight...

Okay, anyone else had enough or should I keep going? Please people, let's not be foolish and prop up fight night for it's shiny graphics, and then bash or not give support to Prizefighter for that reason.

Let us judge the graphics based on the final product rather than an early build, but more importantly, if the game play is truly sim we need to support this game as part of the boxing community. We need to send the message that 2k (or any other company) will not just waste time and lose money for trying to give a sports gamers an accurate depiction of real boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
            LOL.. DK has NOTHING to do with the actual mechanics of the game.. He is not a Computer programer.. His name is being used as a marketing tool.. and obviously he is going to licence the likeness and names of Boxers in HIS stable..
            You're right. I'm an idiot. Thanks.

Comment

You're right. I'm an idiot. Thanks.
              Prizefighter is not just a promotional tool for Don King's fighters. There will be a minimum of 60 fighters from other fight promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.anthrax View Post
                Prizefighter is not just a promotional tool for Don King's fighters. There will be a minimum of 60 fighters from other fight promoters.
                60 fighters? That's awesome man. Where did you hear that? Any idea who else besides Calzaghe, Darchinyan, Ponce De Leon, Norton, etc? Hopefully they have more weight classes then FN3 along with more fighters in each weight class.

Comment

I don't care how it looks.

As long as the game is good its iight, and has alot of boxers. Im good.

Comment

1/10

pure garbage.

Comment

60 fighters? That's awesome man. Where did you hear that? Any idea who else besides Calzaghe, Darchinyan, Ponce De Leon, Norton, etc? Hopefully they have more weight classes then FN3 along with more fighters in each weight class.

I work for a website that Rockstar games buys advertisment space from. I have a business relationship with a boxing fan at Rockstar that has become friendly enough to share some information with me.

I have every reason to think that this gentleman is truthful with me and I think he probally gets good info from someone he knows well from the 2k/venom team.

I knew 2 years ago when everybody said it was going to a Rocky game that it was not, but an actual "real" boxing game. I wish I could spill the beans on the list of fighters in the game but I don't know that much .

I have been told about the chance of this game having 200 fighters. I am so cynical for something that good happening I am still having trouble myself believing that much good news. Anyway, I have been told that the welterweight division is stacked for this game, and I have been assured that this game has plenty of fighters from all the other promoters, even King's most bitter rivals.

Long story short, things are looking good for the hardcore boxing fans/gamers. We just need to support this game as a community to show 2k (or any other company)that they will not waste time and lose money making a sim style boxing game.

You should be able to place your reservations at Gamestop for Prizefighter starting this Friday, the 25th of January. Let's get those pre-orders going!

Comment

Working...
                      X