No announcement yet.

Grandfather Bernard making the careers of Floyd,Pac,+others look cowardly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandfather Bernard making the careers of Floyd,Pac,+others look cowardly

Almost 50 year old Bernard Hopkins fighting a big strong buck like Cloud.

He was ancient already when he was schooling a Prime Pavlik and that was 4-5 god damn years ago... Straight up warrior Hopkins making the likes of Pac with his Catch weights, Floyd with his cheery picks and so many others look pathetic.

Did someone call my name?

Comment

True, but think about it...

Hopkins was never all that marketable, he has nothing to lose at this point, and even at his best didn't have that much to lose. We really have no way of knowing how much he would have risked had he been in the position Floyd or Manny are.

Comment

Bernard is a true ring warrior who at his age is still fighting prime fighters.

OP is right that Hopkins makes the rest of his contempories look cowardly.

Comment

hopkins fought his share of low risk, high reward fights, and caught a ton of flak from me for it...he didn't end the drought, until he fought pascal and dawson, but at least he did...

Comment

Sorry but Bernard is hand picking Cloud, Cloud is a green fighter with a low IQ like Pascal, Hopkins will do what he does hit and hold and move and use dirty tricks. But you can't blame Hopkins because his division just stinks nobody is great in that division no big names.

Marquez is a greater fighter than Hopkins never resorts to hitting and holding or dirty tricks pure matador punching no holding.

Comment

Hopkins is what boxing is all about challenging him self in the ring win or lose. He needs to get mad props for always fighting the best out there when it was time to fight them. The guy is kicking a** and he's 48 years old he is a living legend.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                hopkins fought his share of low risk, high reward fights, and caught a ton of flak from me for it...he didn't end the drought, until he fought pascal and dawson, but at least he did...
                He also fought Calzaghe and was was the underdog vs Pavlik and Tarver. I would say most of his recent fights have been risky due to his age and the opponents.

Comment

cloud comes forward and puts pressure this fight will be hopkins vs pavlik 2....

Chico guapo already showed how to beat cloud, but bernard has more power.

prediction: hopkins wins by tko 10

Comment

Greatest active fighter,yup, that's what!!

Comment

Working...
                    X