No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Promotions: Groves-Johnson A Done Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Promotions: Groves-Johnson A Done Deal

By Terence Dooley - Frank Warren Promotions reached out to BoxingScene.com earlier today to dispute previous reports elsewhere regarding the status of the announced December 15 fight between London’s George Groves (15-0, 12KO), and Glen Johnson (51-17-2, 35KO).

Johnson told World Boxing News and ESPN.com that he is unaware of the contest being finalized, only that it was mentioned as a possibility.

Frank Warren Promotions suggests otherwise.

"It's a done deal," Warren's office offered to Boxingscene.com in a brief statement. [Click Here To Read More]

so-so fight.

Better fights were out there,

Comment

Glen needs a paycheck and Groves wants : Rounds? A vet on his record? Not sure what this does for him.

Comment

At the ExCel, I'll be at this card!

Same card as Ricky Burns, Tony Conquest...
        Billy Joe Saunders vs Nick Blackwell

The cards looking really good so far.

Comment

I think its a good fight for Groves. Johnson will give him hell for 12 rounds. I'll be very impressed if Groves manages to stop him.

Comment

At least Groves is becoming active again, he's had a terrible year. Hopefully 2013 will be a better one for him.

Comment

With Johnson, you can always expect him to do very well up until the 8th round, possibly be leading but then after that all falls apart, sucks

It's a good fight though.

Comment

Coming off 3 loss's and looked absolutely terrible in his last 2 fights.

Fight does nothing for Groves.

Comment

Johnson embarrased ESPN. They gave him a Swan Song and he walked the well wishers walk through the crowd and everyone gave him warm approaches on his announced retirement and now he flips on all of that. Not to mention he doesn't know when to quit. He is going to become another sad case.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    Johnson embarrased ESPN. They gave him a Swan Song and he walked the well wishers walk through the crowd and everyone gave him warm approaches on his announced retirement and now he flips on all of that. Not to mention he doesn't know when to quit. He is going to become another sad case.
                    Damn, I hate it, but I agree with this.

Comment

Working...
                    X