No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carson Jones Discusses Purdy Bout, Brook Rematch, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carson Jones Discusses Purdy Bout, Brook Rematch, More

Battle-hardened welterweight Carson Jones makes a second trip to Britain on December 8 on the back of his twelve-round war will Kell Brook in July and hopes a victory over former British champion Lee Purdy will lead him into a rematch with the Sheffield fighter.

[Click Here To Read More]

Carson Jones is a real throwback fighter. He's fought any and all challengers in his career and has been very active since turning pro. His early loses are because he stepped up in competition quickly and was never spoonfed easy wins. He is a legit contender and can hang with the big dogs.

Comment

Jones is loved in the UK because Britain & Ireland have the best boxing fans on the planet.

They don't wait til you're successful, they appreciate you if you give 100% - which Jones did in his loss (I had him lose by one round, but no problems if he got the verdict) to Brook.

He is, without a doubt, my favourite Welterweight, alongside Marcos Maidana.

A bout between the two of them would be amazing.

Comment

Carson didn't let an undefeated record throw him off his game. Brooks got points for boxing, when he was in full retreat. It was no robbery, but Carson busted him up, and made him box/run. This, doesn't make Carson superman, though. He ran into a home built undefeated record and and made Brooks look bad, but he still didn't get the win.

Comment

He'll never get a rematch. you can bank on that. Brook's promoters don't want to relive this nightmare.

Comment

I think he has the beating of Purdy.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
              Jones is loved in the UK because Britain & Ireland have the best boxing fans on the planet.

They don't wait til you're successful, they appreciate you if you give 100% - which Jones did in his loss (I had him lose by one round, but no problems if he got the verdict) to Brook.

He is, without a doubt, my favourite Welterweight, alongside Marcos Maidana.

A bout between the two of them would be amazing.
              That would be a fight I'd like to see as well.

Comment

Could be a bit of blowout vs Purdy.

Kell hit him with everything for 6 rounds and Jones didn't budge before turning the screw. Not sure what Purdy can do apart from meet him in the middle and take his lumps.

I expect a bit of a John Murray vs Brandon Rios sort of fight.

Comment

Working...
                X