No announcement yet.

37,000 tickets + sold for Klitschko/Mormeck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
    I'm curious, does anyone actually know the Klitschko PPV numbers?
    I dont think they are actually on PPV in germany.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      No. The Klitschko's are really popular in Europe obviously, but I doubt they'd sell even remotely close to what May and Pac do in America. And Floyd/Manny wouldn't sell what they do in Europe either.

Here's a question......who'd sell more tickets, the Klitschko's in America or Manny and Floyd in Europe?????

And when it comes to PPV's, it's not even close.
      Europe is not a country, it is a continent consisting of 50 countries. So comparing the Klistchkos in Europe to Pac and Floyd in the US is ridiculous

Second of all Germany doesnt carry PPV so thats another thing that doesnt makes sense. When people say PPV for a Klitschko fight, they mean its a foreign country like England and i think Poland, so im not sure what you mean by "its not even close".

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
        I dont think they are actually on PPV in germany.
        They're not which is why im wondering what all these people are talking about

PPV for Vlad-Haye took place ONLY in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          They're not which is why im wondering what all these people are talking about

PPV for Vlad-Haye took place ONLY in the UK
          thought so. sky also had issues with last minute buyers for that ppv fight aswell i heard.

Comment

Big deal. They are not exciting enough to do it here, so let them be stars in Germany where the biggest thing that matters is their nationality. We have yet to see a HW champion that brings the excitement to boxing Mike Tyson did. Until then, the HW division will be dead. How ironic HBO doesn't even televise these fights anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
              Adamek i dont think ever sold 10k in the us. He came close but then went to europe to fight.

Not true. At United Center 22k against Briggs 1 and 13k at All State for Briggs 2.

And that's just Chicago.

I don't even know what he does on the east coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Floyd had to give away tickets to his last fight to fill a much smaller venue.
                Vegas tickets are a ton more expensive though. It's not about the how many people attend, but about how much revenue is generated. Do you have any $ figures on Klitschko gates? May-Ortiz did $9 million.

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                and when Wlad and Vitali fought in USA people came out.

Name me American Boxers that can sell out even 10k in USA. 1 person? Look at most Devon Alexander, Timothy Bradley, Ward fights, there's like 70 people in the crowd.
                Both Alexander and Ward can do 10k in their hometowns. Peterson-Khan also did about 10k.

Comment

LOVE THE KLITHSCKOS, but have to point out something that american sports fans don't really know or understand about European Sports culture. The 'attendance' don't really mean much in that some countries have incredibly low fan friendly prices and it's a tradition to go to the sporting events. Best example is football(the world's most watched sport) or as Americans call it 'soccer'. The La Liga is by far a more famous league with much more famous teams compare to the Bundesliga of Germany. German soccer clubs have a 99% sellout attendance ratio. Everybody heard of Real Madrid and Barcelona, how many people heard of vfb stuttgart? Stuttgart have a much higher sellout ratio then Real Madrid, don't mean anything. It just means German sporting events are much cheaper and fan friendly.

Also 30,000 to 40,000 at a EUROPEAN sporting event is actually quite mediocre. West Ham brings in about 35,000 per match and that team is ****ing bullocks **** to hell bad.

Comment

Germany and England traditionally have MASSIVE sporting crowds for ANY event that is linked to their country. There is a reason the Klithsckos attempt to promote themselves in Germany and not in Italy lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Europe is not a country, it is a continent consisting of 50 countries. So comparing the Klistchkos in Europe to Pac and Floyd in the US is ridiculous

Second of all Germany doesnt carry PPV so thats another thing that doesnt makes sense. When people say PPV for a Klitschko fight, they mean its a foreign country like England and i think Poland, so im not sure what you mean by "its not even close".
                      oh my god, I know that. But I'm saying the Klitschko's would probably sell out arenas all over Europe. The most recent Klitschko PPV was Klitschko-Haye and some people said it would do big PPV numbers, and I never heard any PPV numbers.....

Comment

Working...
                      X