No announcement yet.

as any other fighter looked as good or as competitive aged 35 as Joe Cal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think B-Hop deserves the best >35 year old

Much as I am a Calzaghe fan I think there are a 3 other boxers who deserve the mantle of best boxer post 35. Though I really dislike the guy B-Hop deserves the #1 position as he beat Felix Tito Trinidad when this guy was at the peak of his powers. Indeed, he was never the same after this defeat. You also have to admire the fact that he pulled off wins (ugly yes) but wins nonetheless against Tarver and Wright.

Two other guys worth mentioning are Lennox Lewis who apart from a flash knockdown to Hasim Rahman secured wins over Rahman in the rematch and also beat Klitschko, Tua, Tyson and Botha (hmm ok not the best) at the age of 35......

The third guy worth mentinoning is Glen Johnson. This guy has had some of his best wins (and some disgraceful decisions against him e.g. Chad Dawson) in the latter part of his career. Indeed, I think the older Glen Johnson would have fared better than the younger Glen Johnson against B-Hop.

We will truly be able to judge Calzaghe's status as best >35 year old boxer once he fights Roy Jones Junior in November. If he wins that and then takes on Pavlik in 2009 (I think he will if he beats Jones convincingly) then he deserves the best over 35 year old title. Please visit my site if you have a moment dedicated to the Calzaghe vs Jones fight

www.calzaghe-fight-news.com . Thanks! Gareth

Comment

In recent times i can't think of anyone. Even better then b hop

Comment

Cal looks good at 35 because he spent the last 10 years sparring tomato cans.

Comment

Yeah I think to be fair it has to be over Hopkins. the win over a prime Tito was extremely impressive.

Comment

Bernard Hopkins to name one.

Comment

Marquez is 34 and he's pretty incredible for his age.

Comment

Joel Casamayor is 37, meaning he beat Corrales and Castillo at his late 30s

Comment

Working...
                X