No announcement yet.

Donaire's jab underrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donaire's jab underrated?

I've watch lots of videos of Donaire and also Rigondeaux. But what stand out to me the most is Donaire's jab. When Donaire fights behind his jab, he is a totally different boxer. Against Vasquez he looks mediocre throwing bombs and not setting it up with his jab.

So, what do you guys think? Is Donaire jab underrated or not?

people like his power, so it's easy to overlook his jab
    Nonito is a good boxer-puncher, his jab works
    it's just not a weapon he relies on
    as a guy who's built big for his weight, his jab works well
    this is part of why he'd beat Rigo, his left jab will keep Rigo at bay

Comment

There's even some posters that say he has no jab at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
        I agree. Donaire's jab will keep Rigo at bay. After the 10th round in the Methabula fight when Donaire finally start using his jabs, that fight looked like a mismatch and Donaire broked Methabula's jaws with this right hand in the 11th.

I highly doubt Donaire will just be reckless and start swinging like against Vasquez, Methabula and lesser opponents. I wouldn't be surprise if Donaire outbox Rigo and hurt Rigo with Donaire's right hand. Donaire broked Methabula's jaw, knocked down Nishioka, and hurt Arce with Donaire's right hand. I think the right will hurt Rigo and the left will finish him.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
          There's even some posters that say he has no jab at all.
          Do you even watch boxing?

Comment

Donaire has a good jab, but lets not forget he is boxing a master-boxer in Rigondeaux who isnt going to be easy to land against and who is also a great counter puncher, so will punish him whenever he misses. Rigondeaux has exceptional movement, left & right, up & down and great foot speed and co-ordination to get in and out. Donaire usually has a good jab and the length to go with it, but against Rigondeaux, it could be made null.

I think it's going to be a chess match and a very cautious one that probably turns into a gun slinging contest someway during the mid to late rounds once one of them lands with confidence. I must be honest, i really cant wait for this fight, the best fight i think thats out there being made right now by a country mile.

Comment

Donaire has a good arsenal of firepower but most people seem to just focus on his left hook (rightfully so)..... I really want to see how this guy (who according to his fans walks in rain and doesn't get wet walks through fire and doesn't get burnt) deals with it for 36 min

Comment

Donaires boxing skills are underrated...even by himself cause he has fallin in love with his power.When he actually boxes it is a thing of beauty

Comment

Its because he doesn't use it like he should. When Donaire fights within himself, like against Nishioka, rather than try too hard for the big KO, like against Vazquez and Mathubula, he is a very hard to beat fighter with a lot of weapons, his jab being one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                    Do you know that what you said is totally stupid right..Donaire jab very bad against southpaw..you will be surprised to hear that Donaire landed only 14 jabs in the whole 10 rounds against Navaez landing only a 5% narvaez landed 21% of his..against Nshioka(other southpaw he landed 19% vs 21% of Nishioka...Rigo have better defence that this two..

Comment

Working...
                    X