Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan needs to get rid of Roach...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan was hanging on. Bs stoppage Imo. But I agree, he would be better off with anybody else.

Comment

amir amir amir wtf just happend to you imagine what mayweather would do to such young meat

Comment

His defense is not worse... He didn't even have a defense 3 years ago. All he used to have as a defense was his length and foot speed (that he still uses today; Roach had to add that leaky shell defense.

Khan's problem has been and continues to be his lack of physical strength, chin, feinting, and ill-advised punch selection. He could mask the first 2 if he increased his feinting (especially against Garcia and other counter punchers... Garcia fell for every feint) and improved his decision making for his punch selection (you cannot throw certain punches at certain times and you cannot use certain punches against certain fighters).

I agree with Khan using the right gameplan and disciplining himself in the fight should win against slower, short hook heavy counter punchers like Garcia. With Khan's length and speed, he should not be getting hit as much as he did even before the KD against Garcia.

Funny story... Before the KD, a friend of mine suggested Khan shoot a right uppercut and I said that that is the absolute worse punch to throw against a crisp counter puncher that is left hook heavy. Less than a round later, Khan gets floored by a counter left hook after an ill-advised left hook-right uppercut combo from the outside (good combo on the inside... the absolute worse combination from the outside) .

Comment

Funny people blaming Freddie for Khan not being as good a fighter his diehard fans wanted him to be. Time to pick another champ, Khan has let you down.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
            His defence is worse than it was 3 years ago. His chin isn't the problem here. Sure it's not great, but his defence is non-existent.

Khan was busting Garcia up, but he was jumping in with his punches, which left him open to counters and looping right hands. A fighter with a great jab and reach like Khan doesn't need to jump in. He should be using his jab and setting up the right hand. And he certainly doesn't trade with a capable puncher like Garcia

The worst thing is that with the right game plan, Khan beats Garcia up like he did for 3 rounds, and stops him around the 8th. There was no need for him to lose to Garcia. It's all about tactics and Roach isn't getting them right any more. I had a bad feeling from the opening bell because Khan was jumping in and trading. I don't know, maybe his illness is catching up with him and he just can't seem to spot his fighters weaknesses any more. Any body with a brain could see Khan was fighting the wrong fight.

Khan needs Emmanuel Steward immediately.
            LMAO!!! this is just awesome. surprised I didnt see someone salty like this earlier. khan is not an elite fighter, accept it and get over it. khan is not on a world class level, and I am not saying garcia is yet, but he certainly proved khan is far from it. khan is a legend in his own mind and his biased fans that believe his mouth rather than what he does in the ring. he has speed, and that is all, and he barely knows how to utilize it properly. roach just makes this B level fighter into a B- / C+ fighter. enough said...

Comment

yeap agreed

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                His defense is not worse... He didn't even have a defense 3 years ago. All he used to have as a defense was his length and foot speed (that he still uses today; Roach had to add that leaky shell defense.

Khan's problem has been and continues to be his lack of physical strength, chin, feinting, and ill-advised punch selection. He could mask the first 2 if he increased his feinting (especially against Garcia and other counter punchers... Garcia fell for every feint) and improved his decision making for his punch selection (you cannot throw certain punches at certain times and you cannot use certain punches against certain fighters).

I agree with Khan using the right gameplan and disciplining himself in the fight should win against slower, short hook heavy counter punchers like Garcia. With Khan's length and speed, he should not be getting hit as much as he did even before the KD against Garcia.

Funny story... Before the KD, a friend of mine suggested Khan shoot a right uppercut and I said that that is the absolute worse punch to throw against a crisp counter puncher that is left hook heavy. Less than a round later, Khan gets floored by a counter left hook after an ill-advised left hook-right uppercut combo from the outside (good combo on the inside... the absolute worse combination from the outside) .
                Great post pretty much exactly how I felt about the fight, and khan weaknesses

Comment

You MUST give Garcia credit for landing that hook too, not Khan's issues.

Mathyssse vs Garcia will be a great match up.

Comment

You'd think with his history of knock-downs, he'd have spent time tightening up his defence.

He could come back, but it'd be an arduous journey. Personally, I think he's got 2/3 more 'big' fights in him. Golden Boy will want to milk him a little more - putting pressure on a protracted recovery.

Comment

agreed. he needs a defense minded trainer. only way to fix a glass chin is not get hit!

Comment

Working...
                      X