Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Eddie Hearn's arrogance and generally being a coont hurt AJ's popularity?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Eddie Hearn's arrogance and generally being a coont hurt AJ's popularity?

On the face of it AJ has accomplished a lot in a short space of time. There is no denying he is the top dog in the Heavyweight division right now. Personally though, I find Eddie Hearn's scumbag behaviour turns me off from the AJ bandwagon. Am I alone in this? I feel like these sentiments have been shared by a lot of people lately, and a lot of people became wise to Eddie's tactics lately after the Wilder "negotiations". I think Eddie hurt AJ's brand with that debacle, and made people question if AJ really wanted the fight, or is scared, etc.

I liked AJ when he was first coming up. Him and Eddie's attitudes have turned me off of them. So yes, it has 100% affected their popularity in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
      On the face of it AJ has accomplished a lot in a short space of time. There is no denying he is the top dog in the Heavyweight division right now. Personally though, I find Eddie Hearn's scumbag behaviour turns me off from the AJ bandwagon. Am I alone in this? I feel like these sentiments have been shared by a lot of people lately, and a lot of people became wise to Eddie's tactics lately after the Wilder "negotiations". I think Eddie hurt AJ's brand with that debacle, and made people question if AJ really wanted the fight, or is scared, etc.
      100% correct I would not have fought until he turned down the big money to fight in the states after agreeing and yet he wants Wilder to sign now he has a date it is laughable

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        I liked AJ when he was first coming up. Him and Eddie's attitudes have turned me off of them. So yes, it has 100% affected their popularity in my eyes.
        Me too. It has been ever since the Klitschko fight. Once the pair of them saw how close they can be to losing it all they’ve done nothing but be careful ever since. And that not only includes Hearn getting slippy and greasy in the media/negotiations , it also includes Joshua’s latest couple of fights AND how blatant it is how much of a muzzle AJ has on him. Hearn knows whenever AJ gets a mic to his mouth and is allowed free reign to talk, he’ll mess up the master plan coz he isn’t too bright. He isn’t humble and business like, he’s been kept quiet.

Once they got to the position they are in, they are doing everything in their power to stay there and protect it not matter how shameful it looks. That can, and should, turn off true fans.

They are just protecting assets at this point.

Comment

Only on Boxingscene can there be a thread about a fighter's popularity when the fighter sells out stadiums.

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
            Me too. It has been ever since the Klitschko fight. Once the pair of them saw how close they can be to losing it all they’ve done nothing but be careful ever since. And that not only includes Hearn getting slippy and greasy in the media/negotiations , it also includes Joshua’s latest couple of fights AND how blatant it is how much of a muzzle AJ has on him. Hearn knows whenever AJ gets a mic to his mouth and is allowed free reign to talk, he’ll mess up the master plan coz he isn’t too bright. He isn’t humble and business like, he’s been kept quiet.

Once they got to the position they are in, they are doing everything in their power to stay there and protect it not matter how shameful it looks. That can, and should, turn off true fans.

They are just protecting assets at this point.
            LMAO...I find it hilarious whenever Joshua is doing a media interview, Hearn always slithers into the background because he dosent trust AJ with a simple conversation without saying anything that affects his brand negatively.

Comment

Not for me. I didn't stop being a Tyson fan because Don King was the most reprehensible man in boxing, stopped liking Tyson when he lost all sense of self respect and self control.
              I can't see AJ going off the rails in that way so the only danger to his popularity is if he fights like he did against Parker in every fight. I can't see him doing that either as he is to business savvy to not realize when he's damaging his own brand.

Comment

Yeah I was a big AJ fan when he was coming up.

And if fast Eddie would of taken the stance of his father that AJ needs a few more fights before he’s ready for Wilder I would still be a big fan.

But all the song and dance about the Wilder fight thinking his real fans are stupid kind of turned me off.

I’m still somewhat of a fan but I’m hoping the Russian chins him just to kill the general hype, that to me has already diminished quite a bit.

Comment

I always felt the AJ/Wilder fight was a 2019 fight so i'm prepared to give them till somewhere next year to get the fight on. AJ - Povetkin Wilder - Fury in the meantime are good fights in their on rights.

IF however we get AJ - Whyte again as the April fight then Eddie is really extracting the pee and should be called on it by everyone.

Comment

Wilder ducked AJ.

Comment

Working...
                    X