Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG style is not pleasing to the eye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think GGG has aged a bit in his last fight, Danny Jacobs gave him a heck of a fight and GGG didn't look like a 12 round fighter towards the end of that fight, I think Danny was effective with his purposeful movement while keeping GGG occupied by the jab and by changing levels with the jab, he didn't need to move too much like Lara does for example, he just moved smart and took only the necessary steps to get out of harms way and to get around GGG to punch from different angles. I think if Canelo trained right he can utilize that game plan in spots and be successful with it.

GGG loses focus during rounds and takes whole minutes of rounds off in long fights, he's always very strong at the beginning of the round but then he slows down, he also slows down as the rounds progress. So if Canelo doesn't gas due to the added weight he could very well capitalize on GGG's mistakes
    Last edited by Dip_Slide; 09-03-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
      His style is very crude lunging forward with hooks, reaching with his jab and almost always in a crab like posture ala Vic darchinyan.

To where as canelo is a more text book boxer puncher that throws pretty and cleaner combinations.

Alotta ppl are gonna surprised how easly canelo handles ggg.
      "Are you serious right now "

Comment

Check this out:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AO9hb1kGOhs

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
          That guy must jizz to Floyd highlights during narration.

Comment

You must be joking. Crude? I don't know what you've been watching but the way he cuts the ring off and is always in punching range is excellent. If he was crude there is no way he would have had the amateur career he had. You maybe don't like his style and that's up to you but it isn't crude.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
              His style is very crude lunging forward with hooks, reaching with his jab and almost always in a crab like posture ala Vic darchinyan.

To where as canelo is a more text book boxer puncher that throws pretty and cleaner combinations.
              So you prefer men that move gracefully - that's OK I guess. Each his own.

Comment

I enjoy his style very much.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                  His power and KO ratio make up for it. His fights are tense becaue you know a KO might come any time soon. As with all heavy hitters, that's the draw. Have you heard his punches? They're like shotgun blasts - that's not only pleasing, but thrilling.
                  A Mayweather fan that does not talk **** about GGG, gotta green K you.

Edit: sorry it says I need to wait to give you K again.

Comment

Golovkin comes in with hands up, chin tucked and behind a solid jab but canelo is the textbook one.

I think canelo is much more crude, golovkin has seemingly slowed down but his earlier fights vs monroe (first 2 rds) and murray, stevens etc, he was a beautiful to watch practitioner of the sport with his style of boxing on the front foot with power where as canelo when he's not exploding with a combo is just a sitting duck somewhere.
                    Last edited by SplitSecond; 09-02-2017, 08:48 AM.

Comment

This explains why not many Pacquaio fans went aboard the GGG train.
                      Something that fake fans don't understand.
                      Unlike the Floyd/Haymon/Ellerbe/PBC crowd, you know exactly who they're going to support, defend, d1ckride with, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X