• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forrest Gump.

Comment

Originally posted by Brick Top View Post
      I like my movies realistic !
      you must be a articulate human being, watch the pursuit of happiness, lol, that will make you wimper as a father, lol just like john q

Comment

What is the criteria qualifying an African American movie?

But of the ones that come to mind, Boyz N The Hood was probably the best. Other than moments of preachiness the plot was really good.

Do The Right Thing is critically acclaimed but I didn't totally understand the message being sent. I thought I was following along well until Mookie throws the trash can into the pizza joint, and then I was officially lost.

Does 12 years a slave count as an African American movie? That was great too.
        Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 06-25-2017, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Superfly...cotton comes to harlem...black supaman

Last edited by Rockybigblower; 06-25-2017, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
            the best nonviolent black movie is soul food, lol, every person will probably choose smoething with violence

antwon fisher is ****in exellent aswell, but i like john q the most
            You are damn right about Soul Food being up there. I liked Antoine Fischer too but John Q wasn't realistic enough.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              What is the criteria qualifying an African American movie?

But of the ones that come to mind, Boyz N The Hood was probably the best. Other than moments of preachiness the plot was really good.

Do The Right Thing is critically acclaimed but I didn't totally understand the message being sent. I thought I was following along well until Mookie throws the trash can into the pizza joint, and then I was officially lost.

Does 12 years a slave count as an African American movie? That was great too.
              Any movie that falls under Black cinema. I would say yes.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                There are too many but straight off my head, Dead Presidents? Menace to society and Set it Off. i cried watching Set it off.

Laurence Tate is my favorite black actor.
                Dead Presidents was hella nice. The younger sister had a seductive vibe to her.

Comment

I notice Freedom is notable absent in here. So is JimRaynor, Szef, etc.

Comment

I have a soft spot for Friday, Bad Boys II, and a bunch of Eddie Murphy movies, but I couldn't say they were as well done as Boyz N The Hood

Boyz N The Hood is probably the only one that makes it into my top 10 movies tbh

Comment

Meteor man

/thread

Comment

Working...
                      X