Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hypocrisy of Sergio Martinez fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fight I really want to see is GGG vs Kid Chocolate. I think the styles make for an interesting fight. GGG the pressure fighter but slightly undersized. Kid Chocolate the boxer puncher, I guess you can call him that, built like a SMW. Kid Chocolate doesnt have the lateral movement that Serg has so GGG should be able to at least get to him. I think it would be an action packed fight. Serg can fight the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
      The same tired argument.

Floyd has fought at 154. Show me Sergio's last fight at 168lbs, oh right.
      Right and we know exactly why he wont go to 168. And its not because he is too small. He knows there is a beating there waiting on him. Its definitely more legit compeition on at 168. But Sergio is not required to challenge himself because he is too small. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
        So? Canelo and Kirkland both walk around the high 170s maybe even low 180s and both weighed more than Martinez did on fight night for their last fights (168 & 171 respectively). So does that mean both Canelo and Kirkland should be fighting at 168? What about Ricky Hatton, he also used to walk around the 170s in between fights does that mean he should have been a 168 pounder?
        You bring up Canelo, when everyone acknowleges that he hasnt fought a worthy 154 pounder. Second, you bring up James Kirkland who has also done nothing and hasnt had a fight in forever. We have no idea when/if Kirkland will fight again.

Out of all the boxers in the world, you pick 2 of the worst examples...

It still doesnt take away the fact that its a safe zone on 160 for Sergio. There a better challenges at 168. Or to make it easier for you, there are better challenges at 154, since he says he can make the weight (even though i highly doubt he can make it comfortably). Yet I have seen 0 attempt from Sergio to fight at that weight again, except calling out the smallest people (pac and floyd) to attempt to fight at that weight class where he would have a sizeable physical advantage.

But its acceptable because Sergio is trying to cash out, not take on real challenges

Comment

Martinez has a couple of good wins
          he gets more credit for his run the last few yrs than he should
          haven't seen his fans do too much talking down on other guys' resumes
          just upping Sergio's too much when it isn't all that
          would like to see Martinez-GGG before Martinez retires

Comment

I've been getting at this myself for a very long time... Sergio is considered number 3 pound for pound on many list... to this day the best fighter hes ever beaten is Paul Williams.... since then hes faced a bunch of slow footed robotic fighters... Limited athleticism... perfect style matchups... and before his rise to fame post williams ko... he went life and death with Williams (beaten handily by quintana, and later dominated by Lara), drew with Cintron (even if you think he won, which he did)... and got KOed by Margarito.... those are his most notable opponents... hes a very good fighter yes, but vastly overrated... I don't even believe he could have beaten Margarito in a rematch... a pressure fighter who throws 26 punches per round is very different from 1 who throws 100 + punches per... he doesn't get much credit for exposing chavez jr.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
            X