Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradley finally realized he can't beat Khan. Bradley Is Ducking.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is bradley ducking?

does a bear **** in the woods?

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
      http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blo...-falling-apart

Quote:

"Alexander's is June 25 against Lucas Matthysse. Bradley's is supposed to be against Khan. But here's the position of Bradley's team: Why not just take a $1.2 million fight against, theoretically, an easier opponent, instead of facing Khan for a few dollars more?"
      Ok, but that's not a quote attributed to Bradley like you suggested. In fact, it gives no indication of what exactly was said or who said it. It's just vaguely stated as being "Bradley's team's position", with no specifics to back it up.

At any rate, the answer to your question is that it's too early to tell. This is likely just wrangling on Bradley's part to get the best possible deal, which isn't unexpected. If it turns out that a straight 50-50 split was offered and Bradley ends up fighting somebody else, then yeah, questions should obviously be asked. But I think the fight will be signed within a few weeks. I don't see why Bradley wouldn't take the fight, as he seems to be ambitious and keen to position himself with a chance of winning the Mayweather/Pacquiao sweepstakes. Beating Khan would certainly be the most obvious way for him to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
        I don't why my other thread got deleted but i assume because it was lacking in detail.. So I will gladly oblige..

When Khan was having trouble securing an opponent a few months ago, Bradley was (apparently) "calling him out" saying he'd fight him on April 16.

there's an interview about this issue >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4pT9u-lrtc

Now, with the imminent collapse of the Khan-Bradley bout, we can see that Bradley was all talk. He had no intention of facing Khan, he's simply ducking him while citing the excuse that he could make as much money fighting a lesser opponent.

IMO, it seems Bradley is ducking Khan. Now mods, don't delete my thread.. if this was a thread about Khan ducking Bradley you wouldn't delete it, so extend us the same courtesy..

Actions speak louder than words.. Bradley is simply ducking Khan and hoping to fight lesser opponents instead.
        Look Bradley is not ducking Khan. I remember people were saying that he was ducking Alexander. Bradley waited until the right time and got more money for the Alexander fight than he would have if he had fought him sooner.

Same thing here.
        Yes 1.3million is alot of money, but there could be more on the table down the road if both fighters continue to win.

Plus there is a guy named Floyd mayweather looking for a fight in the summer and HBO would love to put either Khan or Bradley in a ring with him.
        Only Ortiz,Bradley,and Khan make since for Floyd right now.

So my point is that Bradley and his team don't have to rush into taking 1.3 when they might get a better deal somewhere else. They also have a guaranteed 1.2 million from HBO for Bradleys next fight anyway.
        That was negotiated during the Alexander fight. Both Bradley and Alexander got guarantees of 1.2 million in there next fights.

Please read Dan Rafaels article on the Khan vs Bradley negotiations

Comment

this is HBO's fault, But I think HBO can fix it if they do what they did to martinez... fight who HBO wants to fight or stay off their airwaves

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
            Look Bradley is not ducking Khan. I remember people were saying that he was ducking Alexander. Bradley waited until the right time and got more money for the Alexander fight than he would have if he had fought him sooner.

Same thing here.
            Yes 1.3million is alot of money, but there could be more on the table down the road if both fighters continue to win.

Plus there is a guy named Floyd mayweather looking for a fight in the summer and HBO would love to put either Khan or Bradley in a ring with him.

So my point is that Bradley and his team don't have to rush into taking 1.3 when they might get a better deal somewhere else. They also have a guaranteed 1.2 million from HBO for Bradleys next fight anyway.
            That was negotiated during the Alexander fight. Both Bradley and Alexander got guarantees of 1.2 million in there next fights.

I think Bradley should be criticised if he takes a lesser fight for the guaranteed 1.2 million. It's not like he can fight any old bum anyhow - HBO has to approve the opponent. Khan/Bradley is without doubt the most meaningful fight at 140lbs, Bradley's been openly campaigning for the fight, and he says he wants to fight Pacquiao or Mayweather next. So this being the case, why should he be looking to fight anybody other than Khan?

Comment

Bradley would make his biggest pay with khan. He's getting more than 1.5 million. So he has no excuse and of course he is ducking Khan. He wants to milk his title for money. He knows his career would mostly be over if he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo87 View Post
                Prove it
                http://www.boxingscene.com/sources-k...se-done--38489

"Sources indicate the failure to come an agreement over the amount of money being offered to Bradley's side could cause the fighter to seek another opponent other then Khan"

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
                  I think Bradley should be criticised if he takes a lesser fight for the guaranteed 1.2 million. It's not like he can fight any old bum anyhow - HBO has to approve the opponent. Khan/Bradley is without doubt the most meaningful fight at 140lbs, Bradley's been openly campaigning for the fight, and he says he wants to fight Pacquiao or Mayweather next. So this being the case, why should he be looking to fight anybody other than Khan?
                  I feel he should be fighting Khan to.
                  Hell that has been the plan from day one.

Then again ask yourself this. Is Bradley vs Khan bigger than Bradley vs Alexander?

I think so therfore making 100,000 more fighting khan makes no since . HBO over paid for the Bradley vs Alexander fight and thats not Bradley's fault.
                  Now HBO must put more money on the table for Bradley vs Khan. Maybe both fighters should get 2million or something.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post

Same thing here.

Nonsense. If khan uses an excuse to not fight he's ducking?

But if Bradley uses excuses not to fight somehow he doesn't have to rush into things?

What horse****. Bradley knows Khan could finish his career. Khan on the other hand has a multi fight deal with HBO and plans on diving into the ww division, so a lose would not harm Khan at all.

If Bradley wanted to fight he'd take the 1.5million, his BIGGEST EVER PAY. It's that simple. Recently, why is Bradley saying he doesn't mind if the fight is next year and that he is in no rush? Because obviously he does not want the fight, HE IS DUCKING.

Comment

Originally posted by SpitBalla View Post
                      Nonsense. If khan uses an excuse to not fight he's ducking?

But if Bradley uses excuses not to fight somehow he doesn't have to rush into things?

What horse****. Bradley knows Khan could finish his career. Khan on the other hand has a multi fight deal with HBO and plans on diving into the ww division, so a lose would not harm Khan at all.

If Bradley wanted to fight he'd take the 1.5million, his BIGGEST EVER PAY. It's that simple. Recently, why is Bradley saying he doesn't mind if the fight is next year and that he is in no rush? Because obviously he does not want the fight, HE IS DUCKING.
                      The only fighter Khan is ducking is Presscott.

Bradley is not ducking the fight IMHO. Yeah 1.3-1.5 or whatever is alot of money. Let the fight get bigger and you make twice that or even get on PPV.

Now I believe we should let this thing play out because Bradley isn't stupid. If he can't get more money I'm sure he would take the offer. HBO only has a guarantee on the table for Bradley if he fights Berto,Khan,Alexander2, or Maidana.

Hey maybe Bradley fights Maidana ,beats him, and khan fights Judah and beats him. Now the fight is that much bigger.

Comment

Working...
                      X