Can Kazuto Ioka make the HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Kazuto Ioka make the HOF?

SPOILER***

Just saw Ioka school Palicte to a 10 rd TKO. Masterful performance. The commentator made a Floyd comparison, and while he isnt as good as Money, in this fight, he stayed in the pocket, made Palicte miss, and made him pay.

END SPOILER ***

Ioka now has titles in 4 divisions. Beat alot of good, not great fighters. Only losses are to Amnat Rueonroeng (good fighter) & Nietes (HOFer), both SD.

The way I see it, if Ioka can make a splash at SupaFly, he belongs in the HOF. Beat an Ancajas, or the Brit/Arab dude, (or Chocolatito?), that may be enough. Beat a Nietes, SSR or Gallo, thats definitely enough.

Hope we get to see Ioka in a big fight at SupaFly.

Originally posted by sensfulviolence View Post
    SPOILER***

Just saw Ioka school Palicte to a 10 rd TKO. Masterful performance. The commentator made a Floyd comparison, and while he isnt as good as Money, in this fight, he stayed in the pocket, made Palicte miss, and made him pay.

END SPOILER ***

Ioka now has titles in 4 divisions. Beat alot of good, not great fighters. Only losses are to Amnat Rueonroeng (good fighter) & Nietes (HOFer), both SD.

The way I see it, if Ioka can make a splash at SupaFly, he belongs in the HOF. Beat an Ancajas, or the Brit/Arab dude, (or Chocolatito?), that may be enough. Beat a Nietes, SSR or Gallo, thats definitely enough.

I’d vote him in. I dunno whether he’ll actually get in though.

I wanna see him unify with Estrada

Comment

Compare Ioka and Broner. Both became 4-division champs.

I'd vote for Ioka over Broner.

Ioka losses doesn't look as bad compared to Broner's losses.

Comment

I would say he's a borderline HOFer. Also, his win over Felix Alvarado is looking real good in hindsight.

Comment

Originally posted by sensfulviolence View Post
          SPOILER***

END SPOILER ***

Ioka beats ancajas , yafai (brit arab dude) he just about lost to nietes. Dont think he beats choco, 50/50 against estrada and i think hed beat ssr.

Ioka defo a hofer due to him being the first 4 weight japanese world champion ive always admired him and his techinical way of fighting

Comment

yeah, the 4 division champ thing is becoming less and less impressive when you have dudes like Broner sporting it. (if Broner somehow makes the HOF, I'm storming Canastota and taking hostages until this wrong is corrected).

IMO, 4 division champ isnt enough, you have to look at the fighters a boxer beats in those 4 divisions

Ioka's resume is pretty good, not great -- although I admit I dont know enough about some of the dudes on his resume. And like someone mentioned, his losses arent bad.

Borderline is probably correct -- if he can make a splash at SupaFly, it might determine things.

Comment

Working...
            X