No announcement yet.

will donaire ever be p4p number 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will donaire ever be p4p number 1

in your opinon we he ever make top p4p fighter, maybe in a few years, Number 1?

what do you think

I like Donaire, great fighter but he needs to add more arsonal to his punches, it seems like in his last fight all he was looking for was the counter left hook.

Comment

not if he keeps ducking brian viloria.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        not if he keeps ducking brian viloria.
        Was that Segura before ?

Comment

No.

He doesn't have a champions mentality.

Look how loaded 118 was and all he did was fight Montiel and Narvaez.

Even before that (days at 112 and 115) there were dozens of talented fighters in or around his division and he chose to fight lesser opposition, only to turn around and claim every one was ducking him.

I really don't know what his problem is, but he is 28 or so and I have never seen a bigger waste of talent than I have when it comes to Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
            No.

Even before that (days at 112 and 115) there were dozens of talented fighters in or around his division and he chose to fight lesser opposition, only to turn around and claim every one was ducking him.

I really don't know what his problem is, but he is 28 or so and I have never seen a bigger waste of talent than I have when it comes to Donaire.
            Darchinyan was a tough undefeated flyweight and montiel was the best in his division. Both fighters he KO'd were in their prime, not washed up old fighter Pacquiao and Mayweather fights.

Delahoya was 56, marquez was 66 and mosley was 96 when pac and floyd fought them.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
              No.

I think that's a bit harsh. He probably would have been fighter of the year in 2011 if not for the top rank dispute which kept him sidelined for most of the year. I mean he destroyed Montiel, a pound 4 pound fighter, there was a huge buzz then he had to sit out till the end of the year.

the other thing with "cleaning up" the divisions is he's moving up in weight, he doesn't have time to stick at 118 if he's planning on fighting at 126/130 by the end of 2012 which is what he wants to do. And how can anyone blame him, there really are no money fights at the lower weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by nutz_n_ya_face View Post
                Darchinyan was a tough undefeated flyweight and montiel was the best in his division. Both fighters he KO'd were in their prime, not washed up old fighter Pacquiao and Mayweather fights.

Delahoya was 56, marquez was 66 and mosley was 96 when pac and floyd fought them.
                What does Floyd and Pacquiao have to do with this topic?

And Montiel was far from the best in his division. For you or anyone else to state that says a lot about you as a poster.

Moreno would tear Montiel's @ss apart, as would Agbecko and Mares.

People forget that Montiel was getting outbox prior to landing that KO shot on Hasegawa. Other than that, what has he done to make you think he was ever the #1 bantamweight?

Comment

NO.. p4p is also a popularity contest..

Comment

Originally posted by nutz_n_ya_face View Post

he also has some underrated victories...he absolutely destroyed Volodymyr Sydorenko, who gave Anselmo Moreno everything he could possibly handle twice. Hernan Marquez went on to become a champ and of course had a fight of the year candidate with Concepcion.

Comment

Working...
                    X